Big Daddy

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

MarylandFalcon1
Superstar
Superstar

Big Daddy

Postby MarylandFalcon1 » Mon May 22, 2006 4:36 pm

Wilkinson was cut today by the Lions and did not attend any off-season workouts. We failed this guy on a physical earlier didn't we? Do you think we might take another look now that he is on the open market.

MF1
Last edited by MarylandFalcon1 on Mon May 22, 2006 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am certainly not afraid to have Brian Finneran on the field. Has he ever not made plays? He just makes plays. He is one of those guys that just makes plays. He is dependable."

J. Mora JR.

SmorgasBorgnine
Superstar
Superstar

not him

Postby SmorgasBorgnine » Mon May 22, 2006 4:49 pm

That was Grady Jackson that failed. Big Daddy is a very similar player, but I doubt we can afford him.

GSUTeke
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby GSUTeke » Mon May 22, 2006 5:30 pm

perhaps he will sign for a reasonable 1 year deal with the hopes of having a stellar season in the right scheme and cashing in later on. the falcons are just the right team for an interior lineman right now.

SmorgasBorgnine
Superstar
Superstar

I agree

Postby SmorgasBorgnine » Mon May 22, 2006 5:37 pm

Whomever the 4th DL ends up being, they should have a great season, by attrition. I don't think we will be too hurt if Babineaux or Lavalais start. I would prefer a bigger, more experienced one, but our other players can mask a single deficiency along the line.

Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Steve-O » Mon May 22, 2006 6:13 pm

Wilkinson is the exact type player we need at DT...if we could sign him I'd be elated....

I can pretty much already promise you that Babs won't start since he spells Coleman at UT....as we stand right now Lake/Shrop/Lavs will all play NT by comittee

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Mon May 22, 2006 8:03 pm

Wilkinson and Buckner are the exact same player and unlike Grady Jackson less likely to show up at camp overweight. As for his asking price, I doubt Wilkinson gets a big contract. The last significant contract given to a DT was to Sam Adams on April 1. The defensive tackle market is dead now, so for guys like Buckner, Wilkinson, Jackson, Jason Fisk, Travis Hall, etc. all they can hope for is a 1-year minimum.

We'll see how quickly they realize this and I suspect by the time July rolls around they'll start to understand that they better just take the 1-year deal with the team of their choice.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

BENT21
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby BENT21 » Tue May 23, 2006 1:11 am

I would be all for Wilkenson or Buckner. We need another DT if we plan to make a run at the playoffs IMO.

BirdBrain
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Postby BirdBrain » Tue May 23, 2006 1:43 am

Blank....invite Big Daddy to lunch.....be prepared to max out your credit card. Sign him, sign him now!!!!

widetrak21
Superstar
Superstar

Postby widetrak21 » Tue May 23, 2006 10:08 am

I'd still be more interested in Buckner, as I'd think he'd have more in the tank than Wilk.

John Engel
Role Player
Role Player

Postby John Engel » Tue May 23, 2006 9:34 pm

I don't see it happening. big Duddy rates too low on the Filter -- poor work ethic and a penchant for the funny cigarettes.

"They have miscalculated me as a leader."

President George W. Bush

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Wed May 24, 2006 11:26 am

I'm still in the Buckner camp. He seems to be the best answer for the Falcons to date.
Fear the BEARD!

Return to “The Huddle”