nfl game rewind

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

Oconee
Veteran
Veteran

nfl game rewind

Postby Oconee » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:01 pm

I was looking at the nfl game rewind. For $30 you can get film of one team's games for the regular season. What i really wanted was the all 22 coaches film but that package says "selected plays". Has anyone bought that, and if so what are your thoughts?

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Re: nfl game rewind

Postby Pudge » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:54 pm

I'm not sure what it is for the new package now that they've unveiled access to the All-22, but in previous years they did have select highlights from each game that you could see the coaches tape on. My recollection it's maybe 5-15 players, typically the big highlight clips from the game that you often see on NFL.com video. Big scoring plays, interceptions, etc. That was what it was back in 2010. Then IIRC they took away in 2011 before completely allowing for the entire All-22 package with the full purchase in 2012.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Oconee
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Oconee » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:22 pm

Pudge,
Thank you for your response. It looks like for $30 I would get the Falcons' games in 2013 as well as 2009-2012 with coaches (all 22) film for select plays. If that is for more than 10 plays per game it might allow me to learn a little about actual strategy. I don't have time to review all the teams, so the $80 package that included coaches film for all plays for all teams is more than I can benefit from. I am very tempted, may go for it. Your comments are helpful.

Pudge

Postby Pudge » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:19 am

If you have no interest in watching other teams, then I would say stick with the $30 package. I think having access to all the All-22 plays is a good resource to have if you do intend on rewatching Falcon games, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra $50.

For me personally, I do watch the other teams play, as part of scouting for upcoming games, and then of course in the offseason when I'm looking at potential free agents. I'm also tinkering with the idea of reviewing Raiders games this year just because I suspect they could be really bad this year (but judging from the other night's preseason game, might be pretty fun...defensively).

For me, the extra $50 pays its worth in the offseason.

Oconee
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Oconee » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:12 pm

I'm in. I will let you know what I think. Thanks again for info.

Capologist
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Postby Capologist » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:50 pm

I had it last year (although I wasn't able to do what I intended) but yes, it's worth the $70 for the whole deal and the all 22. You see so much more of the game than you do on TV. Being able to pause, go back, see it from different angles. Just like being in the Falcons Film Room. I highly recommend it and it may help bring back my reviews :)
Follow me on Twitter @MidGaGator72

Pudge

Postby Pudge » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:40 pm

Cappy, I'll be happy to post your reviews on the site if you so desire again.

Capologist
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Postby Capologist » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Pudge wrote:Cappy, I'll be happy to post your reviews on the site if you so desire again.

I'd be happy to bring them back Pudge.

The review from TV just wasn't what I was looking for. Without seeing the routes, coverages, etc. it's really hard to do any solid analysis and it started feeling more like summaries than what I was going for. With the all 22 at different angles, I see exactly what I was wanting to see. I just need the time and I'm thinking I'll have enough to contribute those again. :fingersx:
Follow me on Twitter @MidGaGator72

Return to “The Huddle”