Any chance Worrilow makes the 53?

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

RobertAP
Superstar
Superstar

Any chance Worrilow makes the 53?

Postby RobertAP » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:31 am

So far, he appears to be the best of the 2nd stringers. He has double the tackles of anyone else on the team. He has a sack. He should have/could have had a fumble recovery. He has made several impact plays. On the defensive side of the ball, he has been, "the guy to watch." At the very least, I expect that he will make the practice squad, but I'd be nervous about leaving him out there. We still have a couple more preseason games to evaluate him, but at this point, if it were up to me, I'd have him on the 53.

Nuccah
Playmaker
Playmaker

Re: Any chance Worrilow makes the 53?

Postby Nuccah » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:15 am

Don't think we can allow to take the chance of him clearing waivers.. he has basically locked that spot, although his habit of piling on does remind me of Brooking. Not often a UDFA makes that kind of an impact so early. Not ready for a big role on D, but with one year under his belt I think he could do some good things.

Bartu is looking like PS material. Banks.. well.. I don't think he will have a PS spot unfortunately.

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:39 pm

Unless he gets injured, he's making the roster. Right now, he and Schiller are the 2 best backups the Falcons have at LB.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Cyril
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Cyril » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:10 am

Agree with Pudge he's making the team barring injury. He may really step up even this year as the season goes on.
"Everything Counts"
Cyril

Capologist
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Postby Capologist » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Pudge wrote:Unless he gets injured, he's making the roster. Right now, he and Schiller are the 2 best backups the Falcons have at LB.

Completely agree. He's some kind of impressive... :up:
Follow me on Twitter @MidGaGator72

Return to “The Huddle”