It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Matt Ryan is the bomb
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:28 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

It doesn't matter if it's Roddy, Julio, Tony, Harry, an undrafted Rookie, or a lifelong backup... Ryan will get them the ball.

Post subject: Re: Matt Ryan is the bomb
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:46 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

You can't spell ELITE without spelling, wait that doesn't work. Either way, Ryan is a messiah and is worth every penny. Quizz, HD, & the o-line (no sacks) did a helluva job today.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:03 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

The line was not all that impressive. Our RB's averaged 2 ypc. What is impressive is that Matt can find his receivers and get rid of the ball quickly.

If we get Matt a real line, perhaps Harry would be more involved in the offense, as Matt wouldn't be forced to throw the ball to his first or second read.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:08 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

RobertAP wrote:
The line was not all that impressive. Our RB's averaged 2 ypc. What is impressive is that Matt can find his receivers and get rid of the ball quickly.

If we get Matt a real line, perhaps Harry would be more involved in the offense, as Matt wouldn't be forced to throw the ball to his first or second read.

Absolutely. I'm just used to the o-line playing horrible and once again I'm playing the role of mr. positive. Trueblood still stinks and Holmes needs to improve his conditioning.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:18 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He's truly special. What did we have today...18 yards rushing? Bucs are a sad sack team these days. Kind of remind me of some of the teams we have had where you can tell there is just a tumultuous situation with the org in general and a split locker room. But Matt gets the ball spread around and instills confidence in his minions. We sure need Roddy and Jackson to get well soon though I thought Quizz and Snelling both played well. Our defense is a nightmare. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:37 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I'm probably more impressed with Ryan this year than maybe any other year in the past, sucks the rest of the team is either injured or having a down year..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:25 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

backnblack wrote:
He's truly special. What did we have today...18 yards rushing? Bucs are a sad sack team these days. Kind of remind me of some of the teams we have had where you can tell there is just a tumultuous situation with the org in general and a split locker room. But Matt gets the ball spread around and instills confidence in his minions. We sure need Roddy and Jackson to get well soon though I thought Quizz and Snelling both played well. Our defense is a nightmare. :lol:

BnB were you at the game yesterday? Was wondering if you still make the trip up..

I thought that our defense actually played pretty aggressively late in the game, for the most part..Maybe Nolan prowling the sidelines instead of up in the box had something to do with it?

It really is heartbreaking to see us get a big lead, and then let the other team sneak back in. It's not even funny anymore, it is so obvious..I gotta tell you, the Dome was mostly quiet yesterday comparatively. My question remains: why dont we pull out the hurry up/no huddle in the 3rd and 4th qtr outside of 2 minutes left? We led the entire game, but just once I want to see them do this and go for the jugular...

Jeez, the dumpster fire that is the Buccs. They gave the game to us. Schiano is a complete moron. HIs clock management and play calling late in both halves was abominable. At the end of the first, in Falcon territory they have 1 minute left and three timeouts, and they let the clock run to 29 seconds. I wish you could have heard the Buccs fan 3 rows in front of me going nuts!

Matt Ryan, what more could be said about him? Yesterday was proof positive he CAN put the team on his back and win.

A couple games a year I pony up and take my buddy who's in a wheelchair to the game..so were sitting there yesterday and we get seated right next to a veteran who lost his leg in combat...and who had a Falcons leg prosthetic. So were kinda sitting next to this enormous a/c ducting..and late in the fourth quarter, he takes it off and starts hammering on the duct! I mean LOUD! It was one of the most surreal things I have ever seen at a Falcons game....And nobody working there had to cojones to tell him to stop. It was hilarious~!

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:42 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

The Bucs were 0-5 and got no pressure on Ryan whatsoever.

fun gus wrote:
Yesterday was proof positive he CAN put the team on his back and win.

We'll see. Arizona, Carolina, and Seattle will be real tests for that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:44 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

fun gus wrote:
My question remains: why dont we pull out the hurry up/no huddle in the 3rd and 4th qtr outside of 2 minutes left? We led the entire game, but just once I want to see them do this and go for the jugular...

Keep in mind that we only had 3 "real" possessions in the 2nd half. The, "drive that wouldn't end," almost took up an entire quarter. On one of those 3 drives, we went right down the field and scored. The other two drives were 3 and outs due to an intentional grounding penalty (which really should have been holding on the other team) and a really blown play.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:46 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

RobertAP wrote:
fun gus wrote:
My question remains: why dont we pull out the hurry up/no huddle in the 3rd and 4th qtr outside of 2 minutes left? We led the entire game, but just once I want to see them do this and go for the jugular...

Keep in mind that we only had 3 "real" possessions in the 2nd half. The, "drive that wouldn't end," almost took up an entire quarter. On one of those 3 drives, we went right down the field and scored. The other two drives were 3 and outs due to an intentional grounding penalty (which really should have been holding on the other team) and a really blown play.

thats a good point. I wonder, though, maybe I haven't thought this through....

were deep in the third qtr, we get the ball back on our 20, there is 3 minutes left and the opposition just scored to put them within one TD of tying the game. We bleed off three minutes doing this:

1st and 10 at ATL 20

J.Snelling right guard to ATL 19 for -1 yards (G.McCoy).

2nd and 11 at ATL 19

(Shotgun) M.Ryan pass short left to D.Johnson to ATL 31 for 12 yards (L.Johnson).

1st and 10 at ATL 31

(Shotgun) M.Ryan pass deep right to D.Davis ran ob at TB 45 for 24 yards.

1st and 10 at TB 45

(Shotgun) M.Ryan pass short left to H.Douglas to TB 36 for 9 yards (L.Johnson).

2nd and 1 at TB 36

J.Snelling right guard to TB 34 for 2 yards (M.Foster; A.Clayborn).

End of Period

Am I wrong here? I would have sped up the pace at that point. Do we not do this because with all our injuries and us playing backups it's harder to accoplish, or is it indicitive of a coaching philosophy of eating the clock? I mean were putting Ryan in the shotgun, and the players are making plays, why not? Go no huddle there?

we scored right after that before the 'drive that wouldn't end', so it's doesn't matter but I'm just curious as to why we dont seem to pull out the hurry up until 'adventure time' :wink:

Im sure someone will set me straight :ninja:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:14 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, I went, FG. Great story about the leg. The D was def aggressive but still seemed unable to get off the field on third down to me though I read somewhere they only converted 5-17 3rd downs. That can't be right, can it? Seemed like the converted five on their last drive.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:01 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Other than Brees or Rodgers there isn't a QB I'd rather have.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:10 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

backnblack wrote:
Yeah, I went, FG. Great story about the leg. The D was def aggressive but still seemed unable to get off the field on third down to me though I read somewhere they only converted 5-17 3rd downs. That can't be right, can it? Seemed like the converted five on their last drive.

They converted fourth downs.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail