It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Here's the good news!!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:41 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Konz WILL BE ALRIGHT; A center will always look bad if both guards suck!!

Harry Douglas is 29. I think the bigger and younger receiver (davis) who had (i think 7 receptions) and over 70 yards and a T.D. could be our 3rd receiver next year. Our young tight end will be better too.

This off season needs to be about free-agent offensive linemen and drafting the best value on either offensive linemen or defensive linemen.

Look season's like this seem devastating, but happen from to many winning season's and a let down all around. Jackson would have done much better than Turner with last year's line.

This is going to be a one year blimp unless Arthur Fires Everybody; ' " they say it all starts upfront" for a f**** reason; and they've been saying it 50 years.......Thomas D. has been getting by with lousy lines for awhile and now its bit him!! I even think Holmes and Blalock are worth keeping, We need two Linemen on the right side; and two linemen on defense....

That's not that hard to achieve and we'll be right back in the hunt with Ryan ..........

Just next time we win the right to be in the playoffs; remember how this feels and think how fortunate we are!!

Post subject: Re: Here's the good news!!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I don't think anyone is that worried about next year. I'm pretty confident the Falcons need to address both lines. They've realized that going into the season with below average lines will get them beat. They need to realize that they can't have the 100 million dollar guy getting slammed to the ground every other play. I'll be shocked if Atlanta isn't the playoffs next year. It just sucks for Tony, I really have so much respect for that guy.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:42 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I thought the title was going to mean you were changing your sig photo to include TD. :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:12 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Each catch gives Tony another record about something!! Dan Marino and other all pro's
haven't won a Super Bowl. IMO he should keep on playing!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:42 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Drew Davis stinks. Falling into the same trap that you did in regards to Michael Palmer, ignoring the fact that he's making grabs without really beating man coverage. Sure, maybe 2 of Davis catches were instances of him beating man coverage, but when the QB drops back to throw 65 times and a receiver can only break open twice, that's not a good sign that he's ready for me.

OK, stinks might be hyperbolic. But this guy is going to have to do WAY MORE than what he showed Sunday to merit being anything more than the 5th receiver next year. He's still a better gunner than a receiver, and he's currently our 3rd best gunner considering how well Robert Alford has played the past 2 weeks there opposite Antone Smith.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:49 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge wrote:
Drew Davis stinks. .....OK, stinks might be hyperbolic. But this guy is going to have to do WAY MORE than what he showed Sunday to merit being anything more than the 5th receiver next year. .

No, you nailed it Drew Davis is trash he couldn’t get open for most of the game he had a chance to show why they kept him around and this is what he and Cone does? If he is starting in three wide sets then this offense will be in big trouble when Gonzo retires. The big question for me is why are two WRs making the team only because they are good ST players and both have no return ability? This is another reason I am anti-TD. I understand one WR making the team because of ST ability but two it makes no sense. This team was built with such a short sighted view and that falls on the GM.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:45 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge Wrote
Quote:
Drew Davis stinks. Falling into the same trap that you did in regards to Michael Palmer, ignoring the fact that he's making grabs without really beating man coverage

Pudge what you said wasn't true. My father went to Clemson so I said upfront I was really pulling for Michael Palmer. Making the playing squad two years isn't bad when Tony G. is your starter but their was no trap that I fell into; except wanting Palmer to do well. In fact you claimed I'd probably never seen Palmer play and I sent you a highlight film of him.!!

Davis did beat coverage some; and making a miracles one handed catch last week is not a bad thing either. I also ignore the fact that Tony G. makes catches without separation.

Maybe he won't be the third receiver either; but you've said you saw a lot of Harry Douglas in college and for years you were saying he's be something. He had a career game yesterday so I don't want to take away from it; but I didn't fall into a trap on Palmer; I said upfront I wouldn't be objective, and Drew Davis doesn't stink....... Matt Ryan; couldn't be accurate yesterday with all that pressure all day.