Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... a-falcons/

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: PFF: Falcons Projected Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:04 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Not allot to argue with there. We've spent allot of money on guys who are average at best, while letting actual play makers go. Still I think a good off season and a little luck will have us right back in the hunt next year.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:30 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

LOL, why did I have a picture of Denny Green's rant on Chicago when they were talking about Baker? HE IS WHAT WE THOUGHT HE WAS! :rofl:

Good review and shows the work that needs to be done on defense.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:09 pm 

Based on PFF's grading system that pretty much explains why our defense is terrible.

Just 2 "Solid" starters with everyone else below average or unknown. I'm not entirely sure I agree with their assessment of some of our defensive personnel.

I personally would have axed or re-worked DeCoud by now while hanging onto Samuel with a re-worked deal. I know there is a lot of Samuel hate but he has a mountain of experience which both Trufant & Alford can benefit from and he would be a suitable Nickle back/#3 DB for Atlanta. You can't tell me McClain & Franks are better than Samuel & McClain with Franks riding the pine.

If Atlanta is focusing on getting an elite pass rushing talent in the draft (read: Clowney) I think you can safely axe Osi and go after one of the big proven DE's in free agency to plug the immediate needs at DE. I would love to have Biermann being the primary rotation guy at DE and OLB given our hybrid scheme. I think he is best when his snaps are limited and can go all out for short bursts.

I think there are going to be plenty of options to plug DeCoud's spot via the middle of the draft of a veteran out of free agency. The guy has just been disappointing and isn't showing any proof that he's going to get back to what he was prior to the new deal.

Atlanta probably needs to shore up depth at DT & LB as well considering the current state of things.

I do think the focus should be primarily on the defense this year at this point. The offense really needs some depth at WR some sort of improvement a long the OL (whether that be via FA, Draft, or miracle improvement of existing personnel). There are no viable replacements for Tony G's output so we might as well see what we have in Toilolo. There are plenty of veterans to be had that can come in and split time with Toilolo and probably won't break the bank.