Trade Scenarios

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

starley657
All-Pro
All-Pro

Trade Scenarios

Postby starley657 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:32 am

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Re: Trade Scenarios

Postby Pudge » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:49 pm

Next time I talk to Scott, I'm going to tell him how unrealistic I think all those scenarios are.

The best the Falcons could get for Douglas in a trade is probably a 6th round pick. A 3rd round pick would be a pipe dream. The same could be said for Konz, where unless he can play at a high level this year, the Falcons would be lucky to get a conditional 7th round pick for him.

No way the Bengals trade Whitworth, nor Ravens trade Ngata. Not to mention, you're trading for guys that might only 2 years with you.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

DaveWaz
Superstar
Superstar

Postby DaveWaz » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:21 pm

I appreciate anyone thinking outside of the box, it takes balls. With that said, I'm with Pudge, I give all of these a less than 1% chance. Douglas at most would be a late 4th or 5th, and Konz' values is virtually nothing at this point.
When life gives you lemons, find some salt and tequila then invite me!

samedi
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby samedi » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:53 pm

I couldn't even make it to the third one: the first two are so silly. HD isn't a #2 in anyone's book, and we have clear evidence that moving ATL's oft-injured FINESSE LT to guard is a horrible idea. It's not speculation, it's bad journalism.

Return to “The Huddle”