All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Roddy White wants to see how NFL punishes Jim Irsay
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:52 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... -jim-irsay

By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

March 17, 2014 3:09 pm ET

Roddy White wonders how the NFL will handle the Jim Irsay situation. (USATSI)

More NFL offseason: Mock Drafts | Prospect Rankings | Pro Days | Top free agents

Most of the conversation in the wake of Colts owner Jim Irsay's arrest for operating a vehicle while intoxicated, along with four felony counts of possession of a controlled substance, has been about a man struggling with drugs and how he "desperately needs help."

But if this had been an NFL player instead of the man who pays them, the media and fan reaction would've been predictably different (see here, here, here and here, for examples).

And the double-standard was enough to make Falcons wide receiver Roddy White tweet about it.

Roddy White ✔ @roddywhiteTV
Follow
I want to see what the NFL does about this Jim Irsay situation if a player loses a game check no matter the amount he should lose a game day
11:37 AM - 17 Mar 2014

Roddy White ✔ @roddywhiteTV
Follow
I'm guessing a million dollar fine will come which is nothing to a man that makes billions
11:38 AM - 17 Mar 2014

And in response to a tweet that noted, "Odd that when players do it people call them stupid for not calling a cab with all their money ... haven't seen it with Irsay," White wrote "So true," before adding, "I don't think Irsay is a bad guy I actually like him as an owner but it was a bad mistake."

According to the NFL's personal conduct policy, Irsay isn't immune to punishment.

“All persons associated with the NFL are required to avoid ‘conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the National Football League,'” the policy states. “This requirement applies to players, coaches, other team employees, owners, game officials, and all others privileged to work in the National Football League.”

Ultimately, it will be up to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to determine what discipline Irsay will face.