It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Backup Error Causes Lost Posts
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:47 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

You should all be receiving an e-mail indicating that there was an error involving the forum database backups and 3 weeks of posts were lost.

As it indicates in that e-mail, any posts, threads, profile updates, PMs, etc. you have made since July 10, 2006 have now been lost. Even the users that have registered since then. And there is really no way to get them back due to the error occurred during the recent backup processses.

Sorry.

:oops: :evil:

Last edited by Pudge on Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:59 am 

Crappy. Oh well maybe that will quell some angst that had been buidling elsewere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:01 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

dirtybirdnw wrote:
Crappy. Oh well maybe that will quell some angst that had been buidling elsewere.

I think you hit the nail on the head there partner. Too bad. :cry: I f it was sanitization as you suggest that is a big surprise.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:17 pm 

BirdBrain wrote:
I think you hit the nail on the head there partner. Too bad. :cry: I f it was sanitization as you suggest that is a big surprise.

Nah, One thing is for sure on this board and that is you may speak your mind. The only time Pudge or any Mod's get involved is when it devloves into useless arguing and name calling or excessive use of colorful language.

At least, that's how I operate when on the boards. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:33 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

dirtybirdnw wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:

Nah, One thing is for sure on this board and that is you may speak your mind. The only time Pudge or any Mod's get involved is when it devloves into useless arguing and name calling or excessive use of colorful language.

At least, that's how I operate when on the boards. :twisted:

So then, what was the meaning of your "angst" statement????

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:49 pm 

The regular unecessary ruffling of feathers over the Vick issue. Not that it's a bad thing just very old and well tracked conversation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:01 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

dirtybirdnw wrote:
The regular unecessary ruffling of feathers over the Vick issue. Not that it's a bad thing just very old and well tracked conversation.

I disagree that it is "unnecessary". He is our Starting QB. There always will be opinions about his current progress. Feathers will and should be ruffled when you are paying someone 130 million dollars, that is reality in todays climate. It may be old, but each day that goes by there seems to be news concerning Vick. I thought a forum was a place to discuss the news. If you are implying that talking about Vick in a negative manner is not allowed then that is very disappointing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:40 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Quote:
If you are implying that talking about Vick in a negative manner is not allowed then that is very disappointing.

BB, I think it's pretty clear they're telling you they're aren't many "rules", so no need to perpetuate that it's anything more.

The way I sum it up, and what I think DB means, is I'm tired of hearing other peoples comments on the Falcons, and Vick, when half the times they're not even correct. All the "heads" have formulated they're 2 set in stone opinions of the Falcons for the offseason, so until we prove otherwise, it's kinda a mute point.

I honestly don't think one person at ESPN knows 3/4 of what any frequent poster of the board does about the Falcons. Considering all the reports have basically been negative, while I think our offseason was positive, I choose to wait for the games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:01 pm 

I'm just tired of hearing about Vick. No amount of complaining or arguing will change the starting quarterback. Only an injury or horrible series of starts can do that. We've all heard the arguements against and for Vick a million times, then once over again, and once again. It's old hat and unless something new develops (See: Vick & the random MySpace Photo) do we really need to rehash what has been rehashed over and over and over again since Vick has come into the league? If you really want to be a broken record then be my guest. Nobody will censor you on this message board. I just think it's pointless for folks to get all worked up about the issue.

I do love how you spin every word most folks say though BB. The sign of a true politician.

And FYI I was anti-Vick for most of his career. Last season I decided to shut up about it and just sit back and watch and see if he makes that step to the next level. If he doesn't do it this year chances are he's going to go onto the trading block and Atlanta will go with Matt Schuab.

To be honest when Schuab first was drafted by the Falcons I felt he was a better QB for Atlanta than Vick and wanted to see him get reps. He hasn't been dissapointing but not really great either. Schuab's only great game came against the M*A*S*H defensive unit of New England which fielded a revamped secondary due to injury.

IMO McKay, Mora, and Knapp all would prefer to start Schuab over Vick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:55 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

I must be a good politician....i've been impeached twice in 3 weeks... :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:57 pm 

BB, I don't have a problem talking about Vick. I mean it's impossible not to if you're on a Falcons forum.

It's just that most of the posters here have been posting regularly since the end of last year if not before. And Vick's passing ability has been discussed, evaluated, and debated ad nauseum this off-season.

We've even had some posters that were big contributors (The Incomparable being the prime example) leave because he was tired of how any and everything this off-season basically found its way to becoming a Vick topic. At the time I thought he was being overly sensitive, but I now I understand where he's coming from.

These debates only intensified during the "down time" in the off-season after the draft. So I think a lot of people here including myself are just kind of done on the subject.

I guess it's nothing more than you missing all the fireworks. So by all means you are allowed to discuss it. THere are no forum rules against any discussion of the Falcons, it's just you may not find too many people receptive to those topics and posts. And you'll probably find shorter tempers when it comes to that subject, not because people are extra-sensitive on these forums about Vick subjects, just because a lot of people are tired of it at this point.

Again, I'm more than willing to jump back into the debates once something significant comes along about Vick's passing ability. And something significant probably won't occur until I see Vick throw that first pass in a game.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:09 pm 

I would note the Pasq article on ESPN a few days ago. He did state that Vick's foot work has improves significantly over the offseason. So that is a promising note. I'm still waiting for more camp articles and more importantly some pre-season games before I get too much into Vick stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:25 pm 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

My view of the Vick discussions is simply this:

1) He's the star of the team, the face of the team, the person that everyone on the street identifies as "The Falcons".

2) Virtually any discussion will end up about Vick (yes, there are exceptions)

3) There's no reason the Vick discussion can't be kept civil and intelligent like most other discussions.

I agree with dbnw as far as how I moderate: Keep it civil, intelligent, and leave out foul language and I'm cool with it... :wink: