It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vick missing perhaps two days?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:42 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

MSN is reporting that Vick could miss up to two days with a hamstring injury. Perhaps he can have it hurting him all season, another great nagging injury that forces him to throw crappy passes because he can't scramble on it.

The article also stated the D. Hall left practice last night with a hamstring pull as well, but was thought only to miss this mornings practice.

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:19 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

tweaked hammy's are a part of it...it sucks, and it worries me, but it's just how it goes

I do think Vick seems to always have a tweaked hammy in camp. Every year since he's come in it's been that way.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:12 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

The good thing has seemed that the hamstring injuries haven't really seemed to bother him during the regular season. So I guess that makes it a positive.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Hamy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:24 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Why did he keep pulling up all of last year Pudge, I could have sworn that was his Hamy.

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:24 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Why did he keep pulling up all of last year Pudge, I could have sworn that was his Hamy.

I believe his hammy was dinged for one or two games but I'm pretty sure it was his sprained knee that was making him pull up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:47 pm 

I believe at one point in the season Vick has as many as three different injuries to his leg(s). By the second half of the season Vick had pretty much committed to sticking around the pocket hence his passing yardage going from 160 and 200 yards a game to 250 and 300 yards per game.

Post subject: http://www.falcfans.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&t=1
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:12 pm 

Looking over last year's reports, the injury in the Seahawks game was a hamstring. But everything that bothered him after the Vikings game was the knee.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:31 am 
Superstar
Superstar

You know one thing with his running we don't talk about much anymore is his ability to slide. His first run TD in college was a flip over about three people, and that hasn't been tempered one bit since his NFL debut. Hell half his highlights are flips or dives in the end zone. I'd still love to see him work on either, stepping out of bounds befoer a hit, or slide. I mean nobodies gonna give you a hard time about staying healthy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:12 pm 

I remember after Vick's ankle injury they brought in somebody from the Braves to teach Vick how to slide. It never took and to this day Vick can't slide.

I really don't get how someone can't figure out how to "Slide" it's not exactly rocket science. My 2 year-old niece has sliding down to an art. I just think that in Vick's mind if he isn't getting every last inch possible he isn't happy. Sliding to Vick is giving up.

Not a bad thought process but one day it will probably lead to a hit that sends Vick out of the NFL into early retirement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:45 pm 

I don't recall which exact game it was last year, but there was a game where his inability to slide actually got him hurt. He basically slid, but because he doesn't know how to do it, it was more like an awkward flop, and he hurt his ribs or pulled a muscle or something, and I think he had to come out of the game for a play or two.

When people call Vick dumb, it's hard to defend him sometimes when you see that he can't slide. It's not an unwillingness or competitive spirit, simple fact is the man doesn't know how to.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Terry
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:23 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I am pretty sure it was Terry Pendleton, who was out of baseball at the time but is now the Braves hitting coach. Also, Vick pulled that hamstring in the Seahawks game last year and nobody was even close to him, so sliding or no he can still hurt himself. Dirty should remember that, I felt like he was right there on the sideline when it happened.

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:26 pm 

When Vick did that I was on the 25 yard line of the opposite side of the field when Vick did his awkward slide thing. It took me a bit to figure out what the heck happend.