Angerer Injuried (Surprise)

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar

Angerer Injuried (Surprise)

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:50 am

Saw this coming a mile away

FLOWERY BRANCH – Falcons linebacker Pat Angerer, who trying to battled back from microfracture surgery, went down with an undisclosed injury during practice on Tuesday.

Angerer, who was working at the inside linebacker position with the second-team defense, was able to walk off the field with team trainer Marty Lauzon. He appeared to be favoring the right leg.

Angerer, 27, has had a promising career stymied by injuries that eventually led to microfracture surgery in December. The procedure, which involves repairing cartilage in the knee, has been performed on several NBA players who successfully continued their careers but is relatively rare among football players.

Angerer said doctors told him the odds were against him playing again.

“It was about 50-50 but more like 20 percent chance of coming back (with) the way my knee was,” said Angerer recently. “It was pretty beat up. To come back and to even be on the field, that’s a pretty big accomplishment and something I’m really proud of. I’m looking forward to taking advantage of the opportunity.”

The Indianapolis Colts selected Angerer in the second round of the 2010 draft out of Iowa. He started 39 of 53 games for Indianapolis before ending last season on injured reserve.

Joplu Bartu and Paul Worrilow, both signed as college free agents in 2013, are starting at inside linebacker in the 3-4 alignment. Among the other inside linebackers competing for jobs are veteran Tim Dobbins and rookies Prince Shembo (fourth-round draft pick), Marquis Spruill (fifth round) and Yawin Smallwood (seventh).

Emmitt
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Angerer Injuried (Surprise)

Postby Emmitt » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:20 am

God forbid, you show any sympathy for the guy who has had to deal with some brutal injuries within the past three years.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:25 am

On the contrary, I don't want to see any player ever injured. But this was a bad signing from the get go. Angerer himself admitted there was only a 20% chance he'd ever see the field again......and we sign him anyways???? Surely there had to be a better option.

Cyril
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Cyril » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:26 am

Angry, I agree it was a bad signing, but it wasn't until his recent( latest among many) injury that the 20% came up.
"Everything Counts"
Cyril

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:54 am

Curious if Atlanta brings another LB in to replace Angerer to battle with the incumbents.
Fear the BEARD!

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:04 am

Cyril wrote:Angry, I agree it was a bad signing, but it wasn't until his recent( latest among many) injury that the 20% came up.

Anyone in that position will tell any team that they are good to go. Who wouldn't want that pay check? But he admits he knew it was only about 20%. Oh well, he got some of Blanks money.....

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:27 pm

Well the latest suggests it's a concussion for Lofa Tatupu Pat Angerer:

https://twitter.com/vxmcclure23/status/ ... 2913271809
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

fun gus
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Postby fun gus » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:35 am

Pudge wrote:Well the latest suggests it's a concussion for Lofa Tatupu Pat Angerer:

https://twitter.com/vxmcclure23/status/ ... 2913271809

:rofl: :clap:
"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"

Return to “The Huddle”