It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just order HBO
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:04 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Pretty pumped for Hard Knocks, FYI if you have Time Warner call them, rather than ordering on the TV, if you cry poor they give you Cinemax for free and a reduced rate too.....

Post subject: Re: Just order HBO
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:50 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

On one hand, I liked seeing Pariah Jerry quit. Then I saw Biermann and his hole there, and thought 'why am I watching the Bachelorette?'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:25 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I have a feeling that Biermann's career would have gone a bit differently if not for, "her." But if the guy loves her, I can't fault him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:25 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Maybe it's cuz I'm single, but I don't get the fascination with player wives. :roll:

I enjoyed it.

"That's the Virgo in me." -- Harry Douglas

http://falcfans.com/hard-knocks-episode ... ball-16885

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:54 am 

I wish HBO would actually offer their service via Apple TV or the web instead of requiring me to have a cable subscription. My wife and I cut the cord a year ago and I'll never go back. It just amazes me that channels like ESPN, HBO, Showtime, etc... don't offer a streaming subscription for a monthly fee. They would swell their ranks of paid subscribers well over their current levels.

The TV suits just don't get it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:02 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I lost some respect for Bierman watching this episode, Matthews was beyond owning him, so he just straight up hit him out of frustration, pretty lame, that 's your teammate.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:58 pm 

Don't be too judgmental about 2 plays.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:10 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
Maybe it's cuz I'm single, but I don't get the fascination with player wives. :roll:

I enjoyed it.

"That's the Virgo in me." -- Harry Douglas

http://falcfans.com/hard-knocks-episode ... ball-16885

ugh. I don't find his wife at all 'fascinating'. She's an attention whore. I am an attention whore. The natural laws declare we can never like each other. :whistle:

plus, she's not hot and she thinks she is. HD's wife is hot. Matt Ryan's wife is 'not' but she doesn't pretend to be. I'm sure Biermann loves her, but seriously, she is kinda hideous. She has that 'plastic f*cked up surgery' face. Where was the bridal registry, Petco?

I liked the episode, though. My bowling partner Roosevelt cut cut, and they showed him for about one second in the episode. damn :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:17 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

It doesn't change how I feel about him, but you're right, in fact he hit him twice, but he got hit twice. Everyone was talking about Bierman, when
its apparent that Matthews is the real deal!!

Bierman continues to fight hard but always has a blocker in front of him!!

Biermans shots were all "dirty" in my book, he waits till coaches calm things down then he throws another punch when everyone has stopped.

Coach Smith went over to Bierman and said " you just had to do that today didn't you"? and Bierman says " I suppose"........

I couldn't have bad judgements except that Bierman was getting owned
by our #1 rookie. I think Beirman is too small to be a good lineman, and
I just hope he's fast enough when he plays some linebacker. I could see him doing better rushing from outside linebacker.

This team can use a little nasty, if Bierman's the guy then fine, the team respects him, and I really believe Matthews will be our best lineman. I know I only saw a couple of plays but he has great technique, and nobody's pushing him around!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:33 pm 

I'll at least say this much... There hasn't been so much love about a OT since, what, Joe Thomas?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:55 pm 

fun gus wrote:
ugh. I don't find his wife at all 'fascinating'. She's an attention whore. I am an attention whore. The natural laws declare we can never like each other. :whistle:

plus, she's not hot and she thinks she is. HD's wife is hot. Matt Ryan's wife is 'not' but she doesn't pretend to be. I'm sure Biermann loves her, but seriously, she is kinda hideous. She has that 'plastic f*cked up surgery' face. Where was the bridal registry, Petco?

I liked the episode, though. My bowling partner Roosevelt cut cut, and they showed him for about one second in the episode. damn :(

I guess I'm saying the world "fascinated" as hyperbole for "giving a s*** about."

October "Tobie" Gonzalez was fascinating because she was nice to look at. Same can be said for Osi's girl (Google her) and I'm sure many others. But other than that, I can't say I really give a s*** about them.

As for Kim Zolciak...so she's ugly? OK, who cares? Miko's loudmouth? Again, who cares? The wives of Falcons players aren't on my radar, so if they devote 3 minutes of an hour-long episode to show sounds coming out of her mouth, I'm like "whatever."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:04 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I just wanted to say that I agree with everything that Fun Gus and Cyril said. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:54 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
fun gus wrote:

I guess I'm saying the world "fascinated" as hyperbole for "giving a s*** about."

October "Tobie" Gonzalez was fascinating because she was nice to look at. Same can be said for Osi's girl (Google her) and I'm sure many others. But other than that, I can't say I really give a s*** about them.

As for Kim Zolciak...so she's ugly? OK, who cares? Miko's loudmouth? Again, who cares? The wives of Falcons players aren't on my radar, so if they devote 3 minutes of an hour-long episode to show sounds coming out of her mouth, I'm like "whatever."

well. I see what your saying. The thing is, she goes out of her way to get any kind of pub she can. She already has a reality show. So why are they 'wasting' 3-5 minutes of the 60 minute show on her? It didn't make me want to switch the channel, but I tune into 'Hard Knocks' to see stuff I cannot otherwise see. I can see Miko run her mouth. I can see Kim Doltziak on her other show. they are not 'behind the scene'. I wanna see how they cut Roosevelt. I'd like to see how the backup QB is faring. That's the kind of programming that appeals to me.

But, that being said, I'm not HBO and I'm not the executive producer. My guess is they think by showing her, it may appeal to a different demographic then me. I get it. I just knew from jump street that when they announced HBO was coming to Flowery Branch that beast was going to do everything in her power to get on the show, and she did not disappoint. I am just as much an attention whore myself, so I',m not castigating HBO. But I bet the personell at F.B. must she her wide a$$ coming and think 'oh , great..here come ths sideshow..'

It's not enough to bother me to the point I would tune out, but it is a little annoying. juss sayin :whistle:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:36 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

fun gus wrote:
She has that 'plastic f*cked up surgery' face.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:25 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

If you cannot find free HBO on the internet you simply aren't trying. A good virus-protection program is a must, but I had no trouble finding a feed. I also recommend using a who-cares-if-it-burns backup computer if you have one, but nothing's really happened to my PC.

I didn't care for most of Hard Knocks, and I remembered that I'd much rather watch football than listen to football players. I honestly wonder if this will do anything good for the fan base, especially if Hawley is kept and J. Smith is cut, which is likely the case.

I was pleasantly surprised by Osi: he seems like an honestly good person, possibly pending a google search.

I like Devonta's interest, Julio's move, and Robertson's obliteration of Hawley; I thought that that was the Konz blow-up we've ready about.

I wouldn't take Tice or Smith seriously if they were my boss at my current position, but suppose I might for millions of dollars. I hope Peria Jerry saved up some money, and I'm embarrassed at HBO's decision to include that segment: how many more meaningful looks at football could we have gotten without that and the Kim Z bullshit.

I did like the commentary about the 2013 preseason and the lack of effort. I don't like that they couldn't find a middle ground this year or that it happened at all last year.

Steven Jackson needs to focus on staying healthy, not his art career or which rooms is deservedly his. "My first carry was a fumble" and your teams have never done anything. ANYTHING. f**** painting and he re-injuries his hammy again. How about studying that while you're still being paid millions? (Unfair, I know, but the decision to bring him on was such a freaking waste of money . . . )

Sigh. And yet I'll watch episode 2 and curse 'Spoon's multimillion-dollar contribution.

Here's to hoping that they look a bit more winning than episode 1.

Apologies if I seem overly bitchy: work stated today with the fist 8 of 28 hours of meaningless meetings (delivered by a damn Bucs fan no less).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:33 pm 

samedi wrote:
If you cannot find free HBO on the internet you simply aren't trying. A good virus-protection program is a must, but I had no trouble finding a feed. I also recommend using a who-cares-if-it-burns backup computer if you have one, but nothing's really happened to my PC.

I know where I can find it for free. I just don't want to dick around with those sites. It's not worth it to catch Hard Knocks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:16 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

dirtybirdnw wrote:
I wish HBO would actually offer their service via Apple TV or the web instead of requiring me to have a cable subscription. My wife and I cut the cord a year ago and I'll never go back. It just amazes me that channels like ESPN, HBO, Showtime, etc... don't offer a streaming subscription for a monthly fee. They would swell their ranks of paid subscribers well over their current levels.

The TV suits just don't get it.

I completely agree with you, and honestly believe that within 5 to 10 years, we'll see the transition away from the tether to traditional media companies like Comcast to provide us with TV feeds. But honestly, that's what would be the holdup, I'm betting - there's probably an agreement between Disney and Comcast et al that they (ESPN, HBO) won't do internet feeds so that the media co's (Comcast, TWC, et al) can have exclusive access to their content.

That model has to break.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:43 pm 

I agree Yulin. Problem is that I'm not convinced that model will break. Are we on the track for larger and larger media conglomerates? ComcastUniversal, Sony, Viacom, Verizon, etc. These are massive telecommunication and media corporations. With Net Neutrality and all that stuff being pushed for, aren't we headed for 1 day when like 1 or 2 companies control every access we have to every ounce of media that passes our eyes or ears?

Who knows...

I've had this discussion with my brother about how it makes too much sense (and money) for HBO and other companies not to offer it. But it does seem like the cable companies basically pay them enough to make it not worth their while.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:40 am 
Superstar
Superstar

samedi wrote:

Best solution to this stuff:
Get VirtualBox (free) https://www.virtualbox.org/
Use VirtualBox to set up a linux OS... (Ubuntu http://www.ubuntu.com/, Debian https://www.debian.org/, ChromeOS http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os)
Once you have the OS installed, have your video player set up, etc, save the state of the VM.
Go browse bad sites to your heart's content on the virtual machine. If something happens, revert to the saved state.

To my knowledge, with such a setup, it's nearly impossible to get your computer infected.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:16 am 

I'd just run Hyper-V since it is effectively built into MS Windows 8 Pro. I'm a systems administrator and baby sit Hyper-V servers all day. So I do indeed know all the in's and out's to doing something that keeps my main machine safe whilst pirating content from HBO. At the end of the day I just don't want to deal with it. I spend enough time at the office with that technology and prefer to keep my home life decidedly more mundane so I don't lose my sanity at the office. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:59 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Quote:
I'll at least say this much... There hasn't been so much love about a OT since, what, Joe Thomas?

We've had some mean guys but its been since Mike Kenn that we had a tackle that had really good technique. The better offensive tackles try to "square up" then they actually use their head, so they can secondly use either shoulder as the defensive man tries to slide around. I think with all
the learning "new plays" and getting use to the NFL culture, its almost impossible to learn new technique in summer camp, and its not real until your going 100%. They either need a great college coach or a family like Matthews so they have the technique when they get to camp!!

That's why if you noticed all Beirman was pissed about was Matthews still
had his face mask in his chest. A Falcon lineman with good technique??

I've been smiling all week!!