Anderson jets to league office

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Anderson jets to league office

Postby Pudge » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:01 am

The more and more I think about it, the more I think there are more things going on behind the scene in the Falcons front office. No real conspiracies, but perhaps some minor power plays.

I can't help but thinking the hire of Bill Devaney has something to do with Anderson's decision to leave the front office. Fact is, that Anderson was a Blank hire and was "inherited" by McKay and his minions.

But what I can't figure out is if Devaney was hired back in March of this year as insurance in case Anderson left (by that point he had already been a front office candidate in Cleveland) or was hired with unstated intent to nudge him out the door...

I'm not saying there was anything downright sinister going on between McKay, Anderson, etc. Just that there were perhaps individuals within our front office that wanted greater control or to streamline things, and as a result of which Anderson now works for the league rather than the Falcons.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Capologist
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Postby Capologist » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:30 pm

I think it's more of a matter of Anderson's personal growth more than anything else to be honest.

Now if the Falcons would just call... :D

Return to “The Huddle”