It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Are you ready for some Vick ball?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:52 pm 

I caught a little bit of the Mortenson/Cowherd interview today and they mentioned Falcon camp. Mort said that Mike Vick is happy and it appears the team is going to let 'let Vick be Vick.' He also mentioned the hammy as a minor problem.

Of course we've all heard this in past off-seasons. So lets hope there is truth to it this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:34 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Hamstrings are always tricky but because he's already back at practice, I'm not too worried. I mean this is labeled as just a "tweak" while it seems that T.O. has actually injured his.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:04 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

I see a Vick thread made it through the censors.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:35 pm 

BirdBrain wrote:
I see a Vick thread made it through the censors.

Your conspiracy theories are beginning to annoy me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:36 pm 

BB, nobody said you can't talk about Vick. It's just most people are tired of talking about Vick's passing abilities and/or comfort in the offense.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:59 am 

I think the guy is refering to the lost posts when you had the backup go screwy on you. Some people just live life as a conspiracy theorist. I'd probably have a heart attack by 30 if I lived that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:55 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Still mystifies these guys don't wrap their thighs to begin with. It doesn't hamper side-to-side moves, doesn't hamper speed either.

"Allowing" Vick to be Vick means called rollouts, naked boots, etc. Hope to gawd we don't see any QB sneaks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:33 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

dirtybirdnw wrote:
I think the guy is refering to the lost posts when you had the backup go screwy on you. Some people just live life as a conspiracy theorist. I'd probably have a heart attack by 30 if I lived that way.

Or you would gain some needed depth perception in life, either way a change in focus from the sheep/hero worship mentality could benefit you in the long run. By the way I'm almost 50 and my ticker is just fine. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:32 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

BB, has it ever occured to you that just like you have your opinion, others have theres. Some like Vick, other don't. At this point its safe to assume where you stand.

Quote:
Or you would gain some needed depth perception in life, either way a change in focus from the sheep/hero worship mentality could benefit you in the long run.

Funny how when someone disagrees with you, they're narrow minded and need "depth perception in life". Yet you're whole point is to let everyone have their own opinion. Quite contradictory. I didn't know we had changed the theme on this board to Dr. Phil. Ease up, everyone has their own opinion, and I haven't seen one person force his on you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:40 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

widetrak21 wrote:
BB, has it ever occured to you that just like you have your opinion, others have theres. Some like Vick, other don't. At this point its safe to assume where you stand.

Quote:
Or you would gain some needed depth perception in life, either way a change in focus from the sheep/hero worship mentality could benefit you in the long run.

Funny how when someone disagrees with you, they're narrow minded and need "depth perception in life". Yet you're whole point is to let everyone have their own opinion. Quite contradictory. I didn't know we had changed the theme on this board to Dr. Phil. Ease up, everyone has their own opinion, and I haven't seen one person force his on you.

Actually if you go back and see the correct sequence, you would see I was responding to a comment that i was into "conspiracy theories"...basically saying that I was "making stuff up". My "opinon" wasn't being considered. Next time you want to debate something, get the sequence correct. It is somewhat important.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:46 pm 

BirdBrain wrote:
basically saying that I was "making stuff up".

Because your theory that moderators on this board actually delete any anti-Vick posts isn't true. I know I haven and I know Pudge won't delete a thread because it is anti-Vick. The only time I have deleted a post so far is when it's been board spam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:52 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

dirtybirdnw wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:
basically saying that I was "making stuff up".

Because your theory that moderators on this board actually delete any anti-Vick posts isn't true. I know I haven and I know Pudge won't delete a thread because it is anti-Vick. The only time I have deleted a post so far is when it's been board spam.

Only one person knows if that is true...and the first casualty of debate is the truth.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:18 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Quote:
My "opinon" wasn't being considered. Next time you want to debate something, get the sequence correct. It is somewhat important.

Seeing as your "opinions" are of a conspiracy theorist nature, you missed the point I was making. Somewhat important! You can spin it how ever you want to, still doesn't change this fact...

Quote:
Funny how when someone disagrees with you, they're narrow minded and need "depth perception in life". Yet you're whole point is to let everyone have their own opinion. Quite contradictory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:33 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

widetrak21 wrote:
Quote:
My "opinon" wasn't being considered. Next time you want to debate something, get the sequence correct. It is somewhat important.

Seeing as your "opinions" are of a conspiracy theorist nature, you missed the point I was making. Somewhat important! You can spin it how ever you want to, still doesn't change this fact...

Quote:
Funny how when someone disagrees with you, they're narrow minded and need "depth perception in life". Yet you're whole point is to let everyone have their own opinion. Quite contradictory.

Sounds like you are judging me as well..as i have never used the term "narrow minded"....i understand you are a "point scorer"....that's acceptable however somewhat transparent. Good luck with that...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:44 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

How is it that you keep missing my one and only point, and replacing it with one of your own. I think your new name on the boards gonna have to be "spindoctor".

Quote:
Funny how when someone disagrees with you, they're narrow minded and need "depth perception in life". Yet you're whole point is to let everyone have their own opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:07 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

widetrak21 wrote:
How is it that you keep missing my one and only point, and replacing it with one of your own. I think your new name on the boards gonna have to be "spindoctor".

Quote:
Funny how when someone disagrees with you, they're narrow minded and need "depth perception in life". Yet you're whole point is to let everyone have their own opinion.

In order for me to get your "point", i would have to agree it was valid...hence the disagreement..suffice to say it wasn't packaged as an opinion as you used the word "fact"....there is no basis for your assumption, so it is moot.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:52 pm 

widetrak21 wrote:

How about the Iraqi Information Officer? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:27 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Hmm...I feel like I'm in a time warp...this has potential to become the HOTTEST thread :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:18 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

it's like 'incomp', the consumate pro-vick guy came back as his bizarro-anti-vick self.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:22 am 

It's funny you mention Incomp. It's like you have Incomp at one end of the spectrum, BB at the other, and everyone is somewhere in the middle. For one, the "group" was way too negative on Vick, for the other it's way too positive.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:34 pm 

I will give Incomp some love in that he didn't spin every response posted to his threads. He provided a good dialog much of the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:31 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I liked InComp. We know he disagreed with most people on Vick but he never stated any thing as incredibly absurd like "they delete my posts".

This birdbrain guy is hilarious I think. It appears, to me atleast, he/she has a me vs. everyone mentality. You can only laugh at those kind of people.

This thread was hijacked in the worse kind of way. All someone stated was that he heard on the radio that quote, "vick was gonna be vick", then all of a sudden everyone who posts in this thread needs a change in focus from the sheep/hero worship mentality. :shock: HAHA. Comedy writers arent this good. :D