It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Training Camp Quotes - Monday, August 14:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:24 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Nice to see Dion back in the fold!!!

Linebacker Jordan Beck on the physical quality of Monday's practice:
"Today the coaches definitely wanted to get physical, so we had full pads on and we were out there hitting each other. It's a good deal."

Beck on the other areas the Falcons focused on during Monday morning:
"We had some red zone work, some short yardage situations -- a lot of special situations out there -- a lot of nickel."

Beck on how his foot is feeling:
"It's feeling good. It's feeling like I can play 100 percent. It still gets really sore, but that's about it. It's just one of those things I'll have to work through, probably for a while. It's doesn't affect me any more."

Beck on how he felt the morning after his first game in nearly a year:
"I felt like I hadn't played in a year. No, I felt really good. I had the typical bumps and bruises, but it felt good to get back out there and play again."

Beck on what he wants to focus on the next few weeks and games:
"Getting my pads lower and getting more physical."

Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall on if Deion Sanders still believes that Hall can be better than him:
"Oh yeah. He says that I'm one of the purest corners he's ever seen. Obviously I've got a lot of technique and a lot of things to work on and get better to try and be as fundamentally sound as possible. I've definitely got a long way to go, but hands down he thinks I can be the best ever."

Hall on if his improving is as simple as focusing on fundamentals:
"It's real simple to say that, but to go out here and do it...you'll never be perfect. I saw an interview with Tiger Woods, and he said he's changed his swing so many times and has gone through so many slumps. But at the end of the day, he's going to be the best ever. And that's what I'm doing right now. You might see me get beaten a couple of times, but that's because I'm working on different techniques and trying to get better. And at the end of the day, when it's all said and done and it all comes together in our first game, you'll see."

Former Falcons cornerback Deion Sanders on what brings him to Falcons headquarters:
"Well, first of all, I have a relationship with Kevin Mathis. He's like a little brother to me. And he and DeAngelo Hall just wanted me to work with the cornerbacks and help them go to another level."

Sanders on what he's been telling the cornerbacks:
"Just fundamentals. Staying low, breaking on the ball, keeping your chin down. Just basic cornerbacking."

Sanders on how he likes coaching:
"Oh, I love it. I love it. First of all, they have a wonderful coach in Coach Mora. I called him first to get it approved that I could come down and I'm ecstatic to be here. I haven't been here in 13 years, so just coming back after I departed at the end of '93 is phenomenal."

Sanders on what is in his future:
"Television, business -- a multiplicity of things. I'm not lacking for work or employment. And I have five kids. I'm about to catch a plane now to coach my son -- my six-year old's football team -- this evening."

Sanders on working with DeAngelo Hall:
"He has that pit bull in him. He has that tenacity, that something that you don't want him to abandon, you want him to control it. He's a phenomenal athlete. The sky's the limit with him."

Sanders on rookie cornerback Jimmy Williams:
"He's good. He's good. He's young and he's going to be a great talent. Now, he's so raw in his talent, but he's good. He's a good athlete."

Sanders on what words of advice he has for Williams:
"Never give up. Never give up. And in this League you're going to get beat, unlike in college. But you've got to get right back out there, do your thing and not give up. He's made it this far. There's no reason for him to doubt himself."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:58 pm 

Ironic that Sanders uses the term "pit bull" when describing Hall. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:49 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Quote:
Sanders on working with DeAngelo Hall:
"He has that pit bull in him. He has that tenacity, that something that you don't want him to abandon, you want him to control it. He's a phenomenal athlete. The sky's the limit with him."

- quite the compliment.

Quote:
Ironic that Sanders uses the term "pit bull" when describing Hall.

- lol, thats cause he'll actually come up in run support and lay the wood on somebody. we all know this wasn't deion's specialty.

Sanders on rookie cornerback Jimmy Williams:
"He's good. He's good. He's young and he's going to be a great talent. Now, he's so raw in his talent, but he's good. He's a good athlete."

- good to hear, cause you can learn the mental side