It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vick needs to put on weight
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:25 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Vick is about the same size as Dez White. I think Vick's career is going to be longer once he starts putting on more muscle and bulk. It will allow him to better absorb the many shots he is going to take over the next 8-15 years of his NFL career.

McNabb has put on 15 pounds since he joined the league back in 1999.

I think QBs should be built more like fullbacks and tight ends, rather than wide receivers.

I know Vick wants to stay light, so he can retain some of his speed, but honestly it's not going to be his sub 4.25 speed that is going to be the difference maker in a game or his career, it's his arm. And he won't be able to use that arm unless he can stay healthy.

I wouldn't expect Vick to put on 15 pounds in one off-season, but periodically over the next 2-3 years, I would hope he would get up closer to around 225-230 pound range.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:34 pm 
Role Player
Role Player

Eh, I don't know.

Plummer isn't even 220, and he's taken quite a few hits over his career. Arizona didn't exactly have the best of offensive lines. Only in two of his seasons in Arizona did he not have as many, or more, sacks than he has had in two combined seasons in Denver.

In addition to that, most of the 230 QBs around the league are 6-4 or taller. Vick's about 4 inches shorter than the guys that size. 4 inches can mean an easy 10 pounds itself I'd believe. IMO, if he stays in a 215 area he'll be just fine.

Besides, while his straight ahead speed probably wouldn't see much effect, you'd have to wonder about his lateral quickness. Would he be able to dodge the same hits he has if he had another 15 pounds? It's debatable he may take more hits with added weight, thus negating the bonus it may bring him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:14 am 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

If I remember correctly, Vick put on weight last season and said it didn't feel right and lost weight this past offseason...