Lag time

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Lag time

Postby Pudge » Wed May 18, 2005 12:38 pm

I hate this time of year, between May and August. Becuase this is the lag time for the NFL. Sure, baseball and NBA finals (and usually NHL playoffs) can help you cope, but it's not the same.

Usually May is not so bad since there is still things going on around the league, a few top free agents that haven't signed or holdouts and stuff, but mostly for us this year it will be waiting until we get our draft picks signed. And I doubt any will sign in the coming weeks. We'll probably have to wait until mid-June before the first guy signs on the dotted line.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

thescout

I agree not much going on

Postby thescout » Fri May 20, 2005 2:24 am

This is kind of the chill out period for me and the league since not much is happening.I enjoy other sports so I am into baseball and basketball keeps me occupied both follow the Braves and hawks.Come preseason and the waiver wire I will start following the falcons more.We still need a safety and have done nothing to improve the secondary.Lets hope experience and people being healthy can make this a better secondary.

Capologist
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Postby Capologist » Sun May 22, 2005 3:06 pm

LOL, this is one of the busiest times for me. This is a time when I check up on numbers, hassle agents for info, etc.

Interceptor
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Interceptor » Tue May 24, 2005 5:10 pm

Post season is always the worse for me...I missed the games so very bad when the season was over...and going out like we did in Philly was a bummer. I've about worn out the games I taped, although there is 1 game I just will not watch (KC)....I'm getting very excited about the upcoming season and the preseason games. It's going to be a great year for us if we stay healthy.....I'm looking for some great things with our improved D, and I hope our O line will give Mike more time to make some completions...and watching TJ and Griffith work is always icing on the cake!...Ok, I'm pumped and ready!!!
Go Falcons!

Return to “The Huddle”