It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ron Hill gone
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:58 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

The Falcons fired VP Ron Hill yesterday. It was only a matter of time before McKay dumped Hill. This was a move foreseen for quite some time. It seemed that Hill's job security increased when Ruskell was lost to Seattle, but not really. McKay is now looking for someone else to groom as his potential replacement, but that was never going to be Hill.

Some don't like Hill. His drafts were never stellar, but I think if you look at his 3 from '01-'03, they were much better than any Reeves gave us. He also brought in guys like Chris Draft, Ed Jasper, and Brian Finneran, under the radar veterans that really turned out big.

Hill had a keen eye for talent, but his forte was always pro player evaluation. The draft was never his strength. He should definitely land on his feet somewhere.

I'm not going to miss him too much. But I think this front office shakeup is pretty foreboding. Without Ruskell and Hill, for the mean time, it means McKay is going to have take a bigger stake in evaluation. And I don't think that's his best suit. He is a manager. He is a football guy, but he is better as a "suit." McKay needs to find someone who can come in and have a role similar to Ruskell.

Profile E-mail