It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: White finally in the huddle
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:07 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Well Roddy White signed early this morning, so that's good we won't have to deal with that anymore.

Personally, I think it's really disappointing if you pick at #20 and you have a 1st round pick holding out. With these guys the disparity in millions should not be significant enough that it creates week-long holdouts. But I'm not sure who to lump the blame on: the front office or the players/agents. Considering that 3 of our 4 1st roudners since Duckett have held out, I'm tending to lean towards saying Ray Anderson is more to blame than most. With D-Hall is was sort of understandable since he was a Top 10 draft pick, and holdouts with those guys should really be expected, but the 27th pick? Come on. I mean didn't Michael Jenkins only sign the day before camp opened last year as well? Wasn't he the 29th pick?

But anyway, I'm not sure how much work White is going to get in Tokyo next weekend. He really only has 2 days of practice before the team gets on that plane. But I'm willing to bet the coaching staff sticks him in the game for at least a quarter to see how well he plays. But he'll probably be working with Detmer and the 3rd throughout.

Injuries are becoming somewhat of a concern for me. We've got a lot of people sore or banged up already. Seems like a bad omen.

Profile E-mail