It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's that time!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:19 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Our next game is a real one!!!! I am totally amped about the Eagles game! This game will set the tone for our season. I don't think either team can really afford to lose this game. It's very important to get off on the right foot, especially when you are playing your biggest in conferance rival.
I think we stand a lot better chance than we did last year against them. First off I don't think the coaches will be caught with their pants down like last year. Our staff, (like pretty much everyone else) expected the Eagles to blitz incessantly, and they did the exact opposite nad dropped 8-9 into coverage. I think this time around our team will focus more on doing what they do, running the ball, stopping the run, instead of trying to out wit our opponents. You can't really catch the Eagles of guard. I think our best bet is to just come out and hit them in the mouth. I say we test that D-line without Corey Simon. I also think that we can take advantage of them on the edges. Kearse is a good pass rusher but how well can he play the run?
If we can keep a hat on Trotter then I think we will be able to pound the ball and keep McNabb and TO off the field. I have no doubt that McNabb will throw the ball all over the field against us, but if we can force them to play from behind and make them a one sided team then I think we stand a awesome chance.
One last note...we won't be outside in the cold, and we won't be punting into hellacious wind. Field position killed us last time. With all of these factors (plus having a Dome full of hollerin' fans) I see us finally one uping Philly!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:21 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

In big games like these, it always seems to come down to the trenches. It will be interesting to see if the addition of Lehr makes a drastic difference. There are definite questiosn with the Eagles D-line, although they are still going to be tough, just maybe not as dominant as they seemed last January.

I really think Vick was not prepared last year, and I'm really hoping that all changes. Vick got a bit too overconfident after blowing through the Rams. That was all his fault. Beating the Rams last year was not a test at all, they were a 6-10 masquerading as a playoff team.

Hopefully Vick won't coast into this game. I'm expecting MOra & Co. are going to be treating this game like a playoff game, and that's going to be the key to success, plus our D/O-line play.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:12 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I agree, the game will be decided in the trenches. I think our team may be more hungry than the Iggles. I hope so at least...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:21 pm 

If they aren't, then something's wrong...

:?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:41 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Last year in the first game of the season T.O. went for 3 touchdowns and good yardage against Will Allen, a top flight speed corner for the NY Giants. I am interested in seeing how we go about shutting TO down more than anything. Of course, Westbrook is the guy who really killed us in the playoff game if I remember....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:53 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I don;t think To will straight up out run D-lo, and I think Hall will put on a respectable performance. To will get his catches though, and there isn't a whole lot we can do about it, besides trying to "bend and not break". Westbrook, screw westbrook, just keep a safety on him if he splits out, and besides that screw him (mainly because I don't have a better answer). Bottome line the season has started and the homer in me will shine through, GO FALCONS!!!

ok now that that is out of my system....I think our best chance is to keep Philly's offense off the field by running the ball and controling the clock. If we can move it on the ground then I think we will have sucess. Plus I cannot stress how much our punting game killed us last year in Philly. Turn some of those 4-5 yard punts into some longer ones and it may have been a different game....

And I pray to God that Westbrook/TO catches something over the middle so that Hartwell can give them an exact idea of how much bigger he is than Chris Draft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:14 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Yeah I think all of Atlanta will be watching Hartwell. I really believe he could be a dominant force in the middle of this D if Lavalais can eat up some blocks for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:17 pm 

I'd be willing to bet that Ed might be a little bitter from the trick TO pulled on Baltimore to get to Philly. He may want to layout TO just as much as Ray Lewis does.