It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bring on the Rams!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:24 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I laugh in the face of the St. Louis Rams. Are they a tough team? Yes, potentially, and I stress potentially. Although people seem to want to think the Rams have corrected their flaws in these recent weeks, they have not. They are still the same average/above average team that finished this year 8-8.

I think we will beat the Rams, just as we did in Week 2.

Their defense is very suspect, and I don't think they have anything that can stop Vick. I suspect Vick will have another big day. And if they try to key on Vick and play super-contain, they will meet the same fate that the Panthers had in Week 4, in which Vick sliced and diced them through the air. Defensively, the Rams just don't have the talent to match up with even our inconsistent offense.

Now their offense coudl be the downfall of this team. The Rams have the ability to spread you out with their 4 and 5-receiver sets, and we'll need our corners all 100% to match up. If Allen Rossum is forced to play 20+ snaps, then it doesn't bode well for us.

But the Rams most potent weapon is their running game. If Jackson/Faulk have a good day, the Rams will win. But luckily for us, our defense stops the run the best. And I suspect because of that Martz will get very pass-happy. That will allow our front 4 to tee off on Bulger. And what has been the downfall of the Rams heavily-timing based passing game? If you disrupt that timing, it all falls apart. And Patrick Kerney matched up against Blaine Saipaia, he should be drooling.

I don't want to say this is a lock victory, but if the Falcons lose to the Rams, it will not be because they were outplayed, but just because Mora & Co. didn't have the ability to cut it come playoff time. Honestly, losing to St. Louis next week would knock Mora down quite a few pegs in my book.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:26 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

the running games is a scary thing
and they have good WR as long as the Falcons can
control the firt 10 of the game i think they will be ok
i do look for the Rams to come out and test the CB early

but i think it will be much like it was in week 2

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:53 pm 

I think the game will be a lot closer. The Falcons have shown little ability to blow out teams at all this year, so I'd suspect that the victor will only win by 7 or less points.

But my hope is that the D-line can put pressure on Bulger, which will disrupt their passing game. Our DBs can be exposed, and it will be up to the front four to get the job and set the pace.

The worst thing that can happen is the Rams get out to an early lead. Due to the rest the Falcons have received, it may be a quarter or so before the offense is really starting to click. That means it puts more pressure on the defense to set the tone from the get-go and not allow the Rams an early lead.

It's not a guarantee, but I'm willing to bet that whichever team scores a TOUCHDOWN first, will win the game.

Profile E-mail