It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:09 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Dez looks to be OK, but who will start if he's hurt?

How the hell do you get 2nd and 1 and not get a first down in your own end of the field? Or anywhere for that matter? The Falcons better wake up or they're headed for another KC type embarassment...

Post subject: The offense looks pathetic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:15 pm 

I knew this would happen the falcon's as of right now 2:00 minutes to go have not scored in 5 quarters....no passing game and ther running is getting shutdown!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: The defense can not continue to carry this team
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:17 pm 

Jenkins is terrible! He is a pro and let 2 balls that owuld have been big gains in the game go threw his hands!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: The pass defense is terrible
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:21 pm 

The Falcon's are down 21-0 and I don't think they have the offense to come back...not with run run run the ball and the receivers can't catch! Getting beat by a team you should beat is embarassing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:36 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

The_Incomparable wrote:
Dez looks to be OK, but who will start if he's hurt?

How the hell do you get 2nd and 1 and not get a first down in your own end of the field? Or anywhere for that matter? The Falcons better wake up or they're headed for another KC type embarassment...

wake up is right. they're sleepwalking out there. their body language so far is one of apathy and lethargy. they are getting their asses whipped by an inferior team. so far i am sickened and i must leave the room. it takes me back to watching the old falcons, when i had to leave the room often and fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:17 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Agreed, the worst part is that we just cannot find any good receivers. I really like Jenkins & want him to succeed, but he's made 3 huge drops now on big first downs or potential touchdowns. Brooking looks terrible & is playing lost out there.

On another note, Vick has looked really good despite all the drops, how about that floater to Finn for the TD? The potential TD Jenkins dropped was a great pass too. Again, I can understand dorpping a pass or two, but to keep dropping passes all game long shows your not concentrating & Vick has already lost confidence in Jenkins unfortunately. As with Price, Vick will keep trying to go to him but if Jenkins can't catch we're going to be screwed.

s***, Vick is grabbing his hammy.

Post subject: Falcon's lack consistent passing game why they lost
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:10 pm 

I have been trying to tell everyone that thinks the falcon's can roll over any team with there running game that you better have a good passing game to beat the great teams.Seattle is not a great team,they shutdown the falcon running game and the result the falcon's could not make the big pass when it was needed.Until this is resolved the falcon's will never win a super bowl.

The falcon pass defense is terrible,just like last year.The front 4 sometimes got pressure on hasselbeck but for the most part was shutdown by a big strong quality off line.Why wasn't Deangelo hall back tacking kickoffs,he scares other teams but Mora puts a rookie back there.

I figured this would happen but not so soon in the season letting down.The Falcon's hopefully will learn from this that even if they don't have there A game they need to find a way to win.Today they didn't and I am not sure if they are ready for prime time football winning a super bowl.You saw what philly did today plastered the 49ers 41-3,and now are tied with the falcon's also carolina stepped up and won.It is extremely difficult winning on the road and when you have the chance you need to put teams away.This was a disappointing loss today now it is on to buffalo to play a team who plays at home and ready to beat up on someone.I hope it isn't the falcon's who need to show they can win anywhere!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:35 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

did vick even try to throw it to jenkins more than once in the second half? or did he just give up after all those drops? not to completely blame jenkins, vick did overthrow him twice when he was wide open running down the sideline (im not counting the one he dropped).
seems like he said screw it, im throwing to crump, maybe blakely or fin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:41 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

This is basically a statement game. The Seahawks aren't a bad team, but as I said in my game review, if they can't beat the Seahawks on the road then we are not the best team in this conference.

It was an overall miserable performance by the Falcons. The 2nd half the team played more like they usually do, but we need to put together more than 1 or 2 quarters of good play. It's just not going to cut it.

I was really disappointed with the defensive letdown today. I was really hoping they could get us through these early games as our offense tries to find itself. That was not the case today.

I do not expect a repeat performance like this against the Bills. I really only expected the Patriots and Eagles among our early games to have an offense capable of "dismantling" our defense like the Seahawks did today for the 1st half.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:40 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Interesting observation building upon what Pudge said, it seems like when we play a team with a really good tackle they run right over our DE's behind that tackle. This was a game where we really needed Brady Smith's abilities against the run over Walter Jones. Kerney is a great player but he is too much of a lightweight to handle the Jones/Ogden/Pace's of the NFL when they run right at him.

Post subject: Kerney
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:12 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Speaking of Kerney, I felt so sorry for the guy. He had to switch sides which takes away all your prep and ability to move and then got schooled by Jones. The guy made him look like a little girl out there, and you know if Kerney asks to be taken out of the game he is beaten down.

This game was sick for us, but we can look to the fact that the D only allowed them to score during a single quarter (ok, 21 points but still only one quarter).

Also, I feel for Schaub. I would take a healthy Vick over him anyday, but if Vick comes out and Schaub playing well then don't do a last stand switch, get to 4th and 14 and then put Matt in. Mora should have left Matt in for the final drive, period. Maybe Blank confused him by jawing at him before the 4th was even over.

MF1