Kerney was an absolute beast last night!!

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

born2booze
Starter
Starter

Kerney was an absolute beast last night!!

Postby born2booze » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:12 pm

My god, he was all over the place. I think he had a bigger impact on the game than D-Hall. Who was your Monday Night MVP?

Mine:
1. Kerney
2. D-Hall
3. D-Mo

Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Steve-O » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:16 pm

Coleman had a huge effect too. He was all over the place last night. He kept Westbrook from running a lot, and the last play of the game he smacked Donovan and forced a bad pass.

Really the entire D deserves the MVP for last night. They all played well (except for maybe Brooking and Scott).

Capologist
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Postby Capologist » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:36 pm

Virtually anyone on defense could be named MVP. Dunn warrants some discussion too...

The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby The_Incomparable » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:36 pm

Kerney, Coleman, Lavalais (that hit on McNabb forcing the pick changed momentum in a huge way), D.Williams, Carpenter, Webster, and Hall all played extremely well. The other guys were serviceable for the most part, but when you have 7 out of 11 defensive starters making big plays, it makes for a seriously dangerous unit.

What turned out to be the X factor last night? I think it was conditioning to be perfectly honest. Towards the end of the playoff game against Philly, our D finally folded under the pressure. Last night, they seemed to get stronger as the game went on into the 4th quarter and it was extremely encouraging.

FalconsAreTheBest
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby FalconsAreTheBest » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:47 pm

Great post Incomparable :D

I am not worried about any offense this year. Cept Payton. I have confidence we will get to him and DeLo will smother Harrison and keep him out, but Payton finds anyone.

I am not worried about the Pats offense at all. I am worried a little about our offense vs. their defense, but we'll get into that in a couple of weeks :wink:

Return to “The Huddle”