It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Losing mentallity!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:04 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

A chance to tie or win in the 4th. What do you do?

Send in your gimpy QB and call a running play. No gain, what a surprise.

2nd and 10, two yard dump. Gee, i'm impressed.

3rd, penalty, now 3 and 13. Sacked.

4th and 14. PUll the gimpy QB and send in the backup, with the weaker arm, to try and throw deep. REsult, none.

I am tired of the dink and dunk crap. This teams offense will never get respect as long as they pull this tired crap!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:05 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Yeah and you're seeing the result of not having a deep threat in Minnesota with Culpepper. I was happy when Jenkins got passed the DB's today but if he can't catch the damned ball nobody will respect it. I think it is a little early to get as apocolyptic about this team as some others are, especially considering we were coming off an emotional win on Monday, but Jenkins needs to start catching the ball consistently. Other than that I think we need to put Duckett in more when Dunn struggles. It's such a huge difference that you can literally see defenses' dynamic change when Duckett comes in. Plus I think it is easier for Vick to roll out because they have to clog the middle for Duckett more so than Dunn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:09 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

speaking of playing more duckett, i can't believe they didn't give him more touches considering dunn's almost complete ineffectiveness. duckett ran pretty well when they gave him the miniscule chance they did so why not give him some more touches?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:13 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

My guess would be it was because he got stuffed on 2nd and 1, but WTF are they doing running Duckett on 2nd & 1 after he got them 9 yards on 1st down???? I wish the coaches would quit playing favorites & go with the hot hand more. Start Finneran, give Duckett the ball more if he's getting 7-10+ yard his first couple carries, and for the love of God start passing more.