Wide Receivers

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

starley657
All-Pro
All-Pro

Wide Receivers

Postby starley657 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:09 am

You know all of the great WRs seem to come from small schools:
Jerry Rice
T.O.
Moss
Marvin Harrison - Okay Syracuse isn't small, but is it a football powerhouse?

Now I just hope Roddy White can get a connection with Vick and become the next big thing!!!

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:51 am

I noticed there were times today where Vick went to Jenkins at moments where normally he would have tucked and run. I think its' because VIck is purposefully trying to build a rapport with him. Unfortunately, that tyep of effort from #7 isn't going to last long if Jenkins keeps dropping very droppable passes.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby The_Incomparable » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:38 am

Honestly if they're so high on White and not so much on Jenkins, and after seeing Jenkins smoke some of the best DB's in the league, then I am anxious to see the two of them on either side of the O'line together.
Props to Scar for my sig.

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:54 am

Wow, do we ever have some Jenkins bashing going on....

I personally have been impressed with the young man. He did drop a sure touchdown yesterday, but you know what, what receiver hasn't? It just got magnified because we lost and Vick actually threw an accurate pass. The fans and receivers alike aren't used to that.

Jenkins has been getting open, running good routes and blocking fine as well. The kid is going to be fine.

The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby The_Incomparable » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:15 am

I think you're taking things out of context. The bashing is going on at the Falcons Message Boards, not so much here. You really shouldn't blow things out of proportion.
Props to Scar for my sig.

jatkin11
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jatkin11 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:51 pm

Well there was more than just the one big drop... in fact the long ball drop wasn't as bad as the two 10 yard or so drops.

I agree with Angry though that he has been semi-impressive with getting open, route running, etc. He needs to start hauling them in!

Return to “The Huddle”