It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:04 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I think Roddy could win that match up. If we can protect Vick and Roddy plays up to his apparent potential then we could have a good day in the air against the current #1 pass D in the NFL...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:55 pm 
Former FRN Affiliate
Former FRN Affiliate

Steve-O wrote:
How good is McGee their other CB. It seems to me that if Roddy starts that who he'll see all day

McGee is solid and is rapidly improving. Clements might be gone next year (FA) and McGee might become the #1 corner. What helps McGee, as he develops, is having guys like Vincent and Milloy at Safety.

If Atlanta is going to win it will be with Dunn, Duckett and Vick running. I could be wrong, but I don't see Atlanta's passing game being strong enough to carry them against the Bills defense. Dunn scares me.

BillsFanCentral

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:23 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

The Bills are a good matchup for the Falcons because we are such similar teams. Despite having good WRs, their offense is predicated on the run because of the inexperience at QB, similar to ours. Their defense is tough and capable of holding the best offenses to 2 or less scores.

But the Falcons are the stronger team IMO because of our QB's ability to make plays on his own and to improve his surrounding cast.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:28 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Even with a gimpy hammy? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:24 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

gimpy hammy or not this is one of the few games this year where you could say we put the better all around QB on the field. I think we will win this game if for no other reason than at some point JP is going to do something stupid because of his inexperiance...

I am hoping to see us move the ball in the air tomorrow...they will put everyone in the box and dare us to throw, I just hope we can take advantage of that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:18 pm 

Not addressing the cornerback situation is biting us in the ass. A better Quarterback would be passing on us all day.

Vick has been lights out though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:43 pm 

First half was solid especially considering we are missing Jason Webster and DeAngelo Hall. We have nothing left for the secondary. Chris Cash & Morton starting? That is straight ugly. We are using safeties in the secondary now.

If we can keep up our play this could be a W.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:54 pm 

It's a good win for us, I'll have more comments after I review the game tape and put up a game review on the site. But I think much of this victory was on part of the mistakes by Buffalo. If people questioned Knapp's play-calling you have to question Mike Mularkey's. Although the Bills had success running the ball, it was basically "empty carries" because they weren't able to get things done in the air when they needed to (in redzone, on 3rd downs, etc.). I think it showed how little confidence he had in Losman and his O-line, considering probably 28-30 other teams in this league were more than capable of putting up 300 yards in the air on the Falcons this week with our depleted secondary.

The offense stepped up when they needed to since the defense with injuries and such was prone to buckle. We'll need to build off that next week vs. Minnesota.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:15 pm 
Former FRN Affiliate
Former FRN Affiliate

Good job, by your boys this week. They won the game, deservedly so.

I am very dissappointed in the play of Losman, as he was terrible and wsa missing wide open receivers all game. McGahee looked great. Vick passed better than I thought he would.

There were many questionable calls (going both ways) and I thought this was one of the worst officiated games I had seen in a long time, but in the long run it did not change the outcome.

The worst news for the Bills is the likely loss of Spikes for the season witha ruptured Achilles.

Good luck next week.

BillsFanCentral

Post subject: The bills played a good game!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:47 pm 

I was impressed with the Bills even though they lost.Losman is going to go through grwoing pains and it is something that is expected the first year.I hope Takeo can come back since he is one of the best players in the game. Losman didn't use he receviers as he should with a banged up falcon secondary.Your on the right path although this could be a tough year for the bills.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:20 am 

I'm in the camp of people that believed that Bledsoe should have stayed in Buffalo, and the Bills should have never even drafted Losman (he was a reach as a 1st round pick). Had Bledsoe or any other experienced QB been under center for your team, then I'm sure they would have won the game. It really is a shame that your head coach has such little confidence in you that when you are facing a team that is featuring 2.5 cornerbacks that you throw the ball only 23 times.

I agree, the officials were terrible in this game. I don't think they won or lost the game for any team but they blew some calls throughout.

Losing Spikes is a terrible loss, since he was the heart and soul of that defense.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:43 am 
Former FRN Affiliate
Former FRN Affiliate

I wanted Drew to stay this year too, and I was very much in the minority amongst Bills fans.

I like JP, but he is worrying me. He is making bad mistakes, even for a rookie. His accuracy has been terrible.

BillsFanCentral

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:36 pm 

I agree... JP Losman killed the Bills yesterday with his errant passing. Of course we have seen many of those games with Vick under center. We've been there and done that.

I was very happy to see our line pickup the blitz and Vick step up into the pocket and make some excellent passes.

Hamstring? What hamstring?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:49 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

dirtybirdnw wrote:
Me thinks the Bills game and Patriots game are going to be down right ugly if Vick & Crew don't gel and Knapp doesn't get better at play calls.

what's with the lack of screen passes anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:27 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

The Bills wanted to take advantage of our lack of seondary help but every time they spread out we got instant pressure on Losman. I guess that's one of the benefits of having a good front 7 is that it can mask the deficiancies of your defensive backfield.