It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Our first real test since the Eagles game...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:57 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

will be this coming Sunday against Tom Brady & the Patriots. After our stellar performance against the Vikings, it is hard to tell where our real weaknesses are on this team. Still, if we have any the Patriots will find them & exploit them mightily. What will be the points of attack for the Pats?

Their spread passing attack will give us fits because Brady gets rid of the ball quick & the Pats' O-line has the ability to slow down any pass rush. I think the key to stopping their passing game will be DeAngelo Hall. He has proven to be the most dangerous cover corner in the league right now with his 3 picks while in man coverage against 3 different teams. They will know where DeAngelo is on every play and they will challenge him a few times, but they will mostly be looking to go away from him in the passing game & we have to use that to our advantage.

Another issue will be Corey Dillon. No doubt he is a beast and we will have to contain him & try to keep Hartwell on the field more. Hartwell can cover Dillon in the passing game so I think we will see a lot more of him this Sunday than we have been. If we fall into that trap of playing nickel without our run defenders Dillon may have a huge day.

Our safeties will have to watch out for Brady going over the top. He doesn't miss those throws and if our DB is beat it's going to be a big problem. I'm hoping they use Carpenter to cover Webster's back because I doubt any of these WR's can beat Hall deep. The TD he gave up at the end against Minnesota was a fluke.

Offensively this is going to be a tough game. If Vick's passing is off or if our WR's can' get open, we're going to have a huge problem. We will not be able to run on the Pats like we have everyone else, it's just not going to happen. The 3-4 is the perfect weapon to keep Vick in the pocket and Vick won't be busting any big runs around the edge this week. Expect to see a guy coming off the corner on 80-90% of the plays we run to keep Vick honest. We're going to have to run the double TE or keep our RB's in more than any other game we play this year.

This is the best defense we're going to see this year bar none. Tampa, Philly, and some others are very good but the Patriots D is the most consistently solid D in the league. The Chargers game was a fluke. The Pats were coming off a very tough Steelers game, kind of like when we played the Eagles, and had lost 2 of their best players for the season. Let it be known, the Patriots will right their ship. They realize that we are the iminent threat to their dynasty right now and they will be coming to play this week..Expect Ashmore to be playing Right Tackle still because our best DE is on his side. Expect them to have someone playing a solid safety in place of Harrison. Expect them to contain Vick & force him to pass to Jenkins & Finn, because Crumpler will be double teamed religiously.

Vick will need to throw more of those sweet flare passes to Dunn. He will also need to use Finneran's size to his advantage. Vick will need to not key on Crumpler. He will also need to give Jenkins a lot of looks. Most importantly Vick will have to spread the ball around, make no mistakes, and run up the middle if it opens up. This game is, most importantly, show how good our coaches are really doing with this team. The Pats always have an excellent gameplay & show up prepared, and this game will test our coaching staff like no other game ever has.

"Working together, with our common faith, we cannot fail." -President Jimmy Carter

Post subject: Assuming
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:29 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Assuming Vick will play... :cry:

MF1

J. Mora JR.