It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: big props to the secondary vs the vikes
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:39 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

over half of those sacks we got were cover sacks. the replay showed we blanketed their receivers. we have to feel good about our secondary after this week. if they can perform at 80% of the level they did Sunday we should be the favorites coming out of the NFC over the Iggles. i'm still not sold on Tampa. they've got a house of cards waiting for a gust of wind to blow down there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:51 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Tampa needs Cadillac to win and although they won Sun they barely got by and it was against the Lions....

Our secondary *knocks on wood* has played pretty well all year....Cash is looking very solid at nickle and when Webster is on the field he is a good corner even if he is two feet tall.....

D Hall is a stud, plain and simple he is a superstar waiting to happen....he's still young and I expect him to do a couple of things this year that will have me screaming at the TV, but none the less he has impressed the hell out of me so far...the fact that he was pissed off about allowing a td yesterday even though we were killing them shows his competitivness...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:01 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

He's still susceptible to mistakes. Too many times, I think he still leaves his wideouts too much cushion and he tends to gamble a bit. He got suckered by a play fake on the VIkings only TD last week. It didn't really matter at that point in the game, because the VIkings weren't going to come back, but it's still a bit concerning.

I have full confidence in Hall, and maybe I'm expecting a bit too much from a 2nd year player. I do believe he'll wind up in the Pro Bowl this year. I'm just still a little scathing from how much Darrell Jackson dominated him in the 1st half of the Seahawks game.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:22 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I agree that D-Hall still makes some mistakes, but it sounds like Mora felt like the touchdown to Minnesota wasn't Hall's fault.

"Q: DeAngelo Hall was upset at the touchdown late in the game.
Mora: He's got pride. First of all, I wasn't upset with him because we were blitzing. When I coached the secondary, I anyways told the corners to jump the first move on a blitz. You are not responsible for the second move, the rush is responsible for the second move. The guy ran a slant and go on him. When he walked into the locker room after the game, I said 'from now until the end of your career, always jump the slant on a blitz. That one doesn't belong to you. That one belongs to either the scheme not being good enough to get a guy free, or to the guys up front for not rushing with either the correct attitude or taking the correct path.' Now, I haven't seen the play and I am not trying to blame anybody, but I am just saying the DeAngelo should have jumped that route. Otherwise you are playing soft all the time. I was glad that he was pissed. He's a competitive little sucker. He doesn't like to lose. He doesn't like to lose a down. He especially doesn't like to lose a game."