It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mort Answered My Question Chat, Any Thoughts?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:59 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

John (Georgia): Hey Mort, What is the #1 thing the Falcons have to do to beat Brady and the Pats this Sunday? And can they do it?

Chris Mortensen: (11:54 AM ET ) Run the ball and put pressure on Tom Brady. They can do it but the Patrriots have a tremendous record after a loss - they haven't had consecutive losses since 2002 and Brady is usuyally spectacular. One other note - Brady is 8-0 in dome games. I am picking the Falcons, regardless of these numbers but it will be a tough game.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:00 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

And I know, it should be chat question and not question chat. Lord I can be a dumb@$$ sometimes. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:33 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Run the ball and put pressure on Tom Brady.

heh, the two things we do best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:15 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

The way we play ball is very condusive to winning...if we can establish the run game early and rush the passer we can beat anybody...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:01 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Steve-O wrote:
The way we play ball is very condusive to winning...if we can establish the run game early and rush the passer we can beat anybody...

The only possible way to establish the run, especially early, will be to hit some intermediate to deep passes against their secondary. Their safeties are notorious for playing close to the line due to their pass rush & general lack of respect for other teams' passing games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:05 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I am not convinced that the Pats can stop the run even if their safeties are up on the line...did you guys see what LT did to them...right now they are a very poor tackling team and that bodes well for us...I agree though that if we can hit a couple of passes early that will back off the safeties and make our day that much easier...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:08 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Totally different team here man. This is, BY FAR, the best defensive line we will have seen this year...especially against the run. I don't see us running for 150 yards, much less 250, unless Vick breaks a couple big ones or hit a couple of deep passes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:12 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I think we can get 150 off of them...to be honest I am not that scared of NE...I have all the respect in the world for them because of all of the things they have done in the last 4 years but they are really beat up right now...they are coming into the Dome where it is really hard to play us and their defense is a wreck right now...I am not sure that they will be able to shut down our run game...I think our O-line can win the battle up front just as easily as SD did...now if we can get Vick to pass the ball half as well as Drew Brees did we will be in business...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:49 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

We need a tremendous outing from Kerney, Brooking, and Kerney...Along with Vick...He should eat up the Pat's secondary with numerous injuries

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:20 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

The_Incomparable wrote:
Totally different team here man. This is, BY FAR, the best defensive line we will have seen this year...especially against the run. I don't see us running for 150 yards, much less 250, unless Vick breaks a couple big ones or hit a couple of deep passes.

Agreed, but Seymore is doubtful for the game so if he doesnt play, that improves our chances or running successfully by 100%. He is the anchor of that defensive line.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:00 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

If Seymour doesn't play we should gain 30+% more yards rushing. He is the most dominant lineman in the NFL by a pretty good margin. I loved watching him & Stroud play at Georgia, nobody could run up the middle on the Dawgs. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:26 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Steve-O wrote:
to be honest I am not that scared of NE

Well, I hope the Falcons don't feel that way. New England is pissed and when is the last time they lost 3 games in row? It's a mistake to under estimate the World Champs, no matter how beat up they are.

Post subject: Chargers
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:16 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Marty Schottenheimer was smart enough to really make Brady mad by talking in his Monday news con about how hurt they Partiots were and 'when that fall off has to occur'. Unreal, and it made Brady get upset in his news con which I have never seen before. Thanks Marty, piss a team off before they come to face us.

MF1

J. Mora JR.