Our Defense

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

dirtybirdnw

Our Defense

Postby dirtybirdnw » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:50 pm

Sucks.

I don't know how but despite what I thought was an improvement we can't stop the run and a good quarterback will light us up. Our only saving grace is that we don't give up points. Of course that isn't true today.

I didn't think our defense could stop New England and if everytime with a good QB and runningback can do this to us we aren't going to the Super Bowl. We are too much of a 1 trick pony on defense. If we lose either Coleman or Kerney our defense stops making plays. Kerney is probably out for the half and immediatly New England hits their TE's for about 80 yards and a TD in 2 passes.
Fear the BEARD!

MarylandFalcon1
Superstar
Superstar

Yep

Postby MarylandFalcon1 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:23 pm

Yep, think what the Colts or Bengals would do to us... makes me shiver.

MF1
"I am certainly not afraid to have Brian Finneran on the field. Has he ever not made plays? He just makes plays. He is one of those guys that just makes plays. He is dependable."

J. Mora JR.

The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby The_Incomparable » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:08 pm

It would be different if the refs would call holding on the plays where Coleman is being tackled like a UFC grappler is fighting him....but hey, they're the Pats (or they're Steve Hutchinson, as was the case before).
Props to Scar for my sig.

Return to “The Huddle”