It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Even with Vick
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:18 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I must say I have my doubts that we could have won that game even with Vick in the lineup. Schaub had a monster game and our offense did what it needed by putting up 28 points (which you rarely see Vick put up).

Fault here lies with with Defense. Secondary? What Secondary. D. Hall might as well have not even laced them up. Rossum was better for us injured as he seems to like swinging wildly at WRs that have no chance of catching an underthrown ball. T. Brady had well over 300 yards AND we let Dillion get his first 100+ yard game of the season. Looks like our LBs can't hope to cover TEs in this league (and both of theirs were not in the top ten for the position). We were 28th against the run coming in and proved we deserved that rank and our passing had to take a huge hit as well. I was almost happy to see Hartwell go out (although I never wish or like to see an injury) because he was again doing nothing for us. Another P. Price? I guess we will have to see.

Their coaching exploited us and once again the Falcons proved that they are no measuring stick in the NFL, we are just a second tier team with an #1 overall pick who is a freak.

I have also noticed another disturbing factor. Our special teams. Ike Reese is our captain but loves to rack up penalties (Ulmer was a better leader). We have no big returns and a fumble. Our cover teams have been giving up 20+ yards on returns much more than in the past and our single bright point is our rookiee Punter. Like KC two years ago, once our special teams doesn't score or contribute to less scores by the other offense, then we look ordinary. D. Hall, the human joystick and X-man, fell off the map and so did the Chiefs.

Still, our WRs did come up with some catches today, as did Alge. Schaub was near perfect, our O-line was decent and we ALMOST beat the defending Super Bowl Champs. Tampa lost, and with Vick back in the next few weeks and our upcoming schedule we should be just fine come playoffs. Let's just hope our defense steps up.

*And don't talk to me about bad calls, I wrote last week that the league was full of them and it was just a matter of time before they came calling on us as well.*

MF1

J. Mora JR.