It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bryan Scott...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:16 am 
Veteran
Veteran

He sucks...

Im officially now looking for the falcons to draft a S in the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft this year. Someone needs to teach him how to use his arms when he tries to make a tackle, instead of lunging at them with his helmet and then falling on his face as they keep going down the field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:31 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

The problem is great safeties are few & far between & still limited by the calls their DC makes for them. It seemed that Scott was handcuffed by poor playcalling today more than his ability, not to say he is great or anything.

If we could get Gregg Blue in the second round, that would be cool...still, Blue is no prize in pass coverage either. I wish we could get a Sean Taylor or Brian Dawkins type cover safety but they're so rare it would be highly unlikely.

I think Scott is fine and we could win with him, but our front 7 needs some help stopping the run somehow, and I don't think a safety will fix that in the long run. I would honestly be good with us drafting a LB to fill the hole in the middle in the long run, or a big DE like that NC State kid (6'7 290lbs), or even a run stopper DE like Maneluna (spelled it wrong, defensive tackle for Tennessee). I think a good second or third round DE would be Moses from UGA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:15 am 

Right now the only guys I'm down on is our secondary.. All of them even DeLo. None of them have shown any consistent ability to perform at any level. DeLo was lights out against Terrell Owens and ever since then he has pretty much dissappeared (save for a stand up performance after comingback in with an injury). It seems to be the curse we suffer through as Atlanta fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:32 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

the curse of the crappy falcons secondary? can you say charles dimry? oooh. i loved it when neon dieon played for us. the falcs have a long history of bad cb's, and he was the anomaly. de-hall can become pretty good but i don't see him reaching dieon style play. he was to cb's what moss is to wr's.