WE WIN NEXT WEEK THAN WHO

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

who do you want in SUPER BOWL

INDY
25%
NEW ENGLAND
25%
PITTSBURG
50%

Total votes: 4

natequinn23
Veteran
Veteran

WE WIN NEXT WEEK THAN WHO

Postby natequinn23 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:14 pm

when we win next week who would you like to play in the SUPER BOWL

INDY

NE

PITT

Capologist
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Postby Capologist » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:09 pm

I think Pitt is the best matchup for us...

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:34 pm

I picked the Steelers just because I'm living here in the 'Burgh, and I'm surrounded by Steeler fans, and just so I can shut these bastards up when Vick tears through that defense.

I think that Belichick would scheme the hell and really slow down Vick. Admit it, there is no better coach in the NFL right now than him, and I would not want to face him in the Super Bowl, where as far as I know he's never lost a game, whether as the assistant or the head guy. I think his lone loss may have come in '96 as an assistant for the Patriots, but he may have still be coaching in Cleveland then.

The Steelers have a very tough defense as well, and it would still be an uphill battle, but I think considering that the Falcons & Vick did well against them in '02, and IMO their defense is not much better than it was then, then I want them. The key in that game would be slowing down their rushing attack. And I know stats say otherwise, but Pittsburgh is the best running team in the NFL.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Return to “The Huddle”