It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Frustrated
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:13 am 

We scream out of the gates then completely stop playing football. We still can't tackle AT ALL. I mean come on letting a non-mobile QB manage to evade 4 oncoming defenders and still get a spot on 20-yard pass off. WE HAVE TO START TACKLING.

If we play like this against the Bucs & Panthers that is 4 losses to tack on for this season. I don't know how much longer we can win games with Vick passing less then 50% and launching 3 INT's. That's back-to-back games of Vick with bad passing games. Along with back-to-back games of poor tackling and special teams coverage.

I'm glad we won but that should have been along the lines of 38 to 7 not giving the Jets hope of a comeback until the final 3 minutes or so. We can't shut out games (nor can we dominate bad teams), this is why we will not make it to the Super Bowl this year.

Vick is regressing.

Post subject: Buck up
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:35 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Buck up little camper :) It's all good! Remember.... you love you some you!

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject: I agree falcon's will get beat
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:09 pm 

It seems like as long as the falcon's continue to win all the weaknesses are overloooked.Unfortunatley sooner or later some team will come in a shutdown the falcon running game and beat them and it is just a prelude to the playoffs where things don't get fixed in the reg season you will pay for it in the playoffs and another let down.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:37 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Yeah, I totally agree. Last year, the Falcons were embarassed by the Bucs with a 27-0 shutout.

I think with how the team is playing right now, we are on pace to repeat a similar mistake, where this team is going to get shut out by another team with a capable and aggressive defense.

I'd say only Tampa Bay and Carolina meet that description, but if this team comes out even flatter offensively against a Miami, Detroit, or Chicago, it could still happen there.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:52 pm 

Chicago & Miami have been very good defensively considering where their teams are at. Unfortunately for them they also have Baltimore gene on the offense.

I just hope that Mora spends all bye week working on fundamentals because that seems to be were our team is lacking. It makes sense since we are such a young team but we can't keep missing these sure thing tackles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:52 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Chicago or Tampa could possibly do it, but Miami has not been super strong against the run and their LB's are not fast enough to really slow Vick down. We all know Carolina won't be the team to shut us down..lol