Dez White Vs Brian Finneran not close look at stats

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

thescout

Dez White Vs Brian Finneran not close look at stats

Postby thescout » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:19 pm

I was looking at the stats for these 2 players and I know white had been injured but come on it isn't even close when you look at the 2 players stats.

Finneran 19 catches 238 yds 12.5 avg 53 longest
White 2 catches 25 12.5 12.5 longest

Mora get your @^^^^ out of your %#^^^^ and look at these stats.Dez White's blocking can't be that much better and considering had yesterday's game been against a colts team or elite team and it cost us the game what would Jimmy say then.Bench White start Finneran he can only help the passing game!

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:09 pm

If I remember right the #1 reason why Finneran kept sticking is because he is such a great blocker. I don't think Dez is any better of a blocker then Finneran is.
Fear the BEARD!

MarylandFalcon1
Superstar
Superstar

I

Postby MarylandFalcon1 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:46 pm

I can talk about this no longer, it just makes me sick.

MF1
"I am certainly not afraid to have Brian Finneran on the field. Has he ever not made plays? He just makes plays. He is one of those guys that just makes plays. He is dependable."

J. Mora JR.

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:13 am

Yeah, this has STUPID written all over this.

If White is such a good blocker (per Mora), then is it an issue that he move to flanker. As I said in an earlier post on this subject a week or two back, I really think the only reason White starts is because he plays split end and Finneran flanker.

White is a veteran receiver, and should be able to make the position pretty easily. It would be one thing if we were talking about Roddy, but this is Dez. He knows the offense well (or he should), so learning flanker responsibilities shouldn't be too hard.

I know it may seem like I'm being too negative or fickle, but it's decisions like these and the fact that this team has little to no energy in road games that are beginning to have me sour on Mora.

I'm not ready to call for his head or job by any means, but I've come to expect more out of him.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

jagstang76
Playmaker
Playmaker

Postby jagstang76 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:11 pm

I went back to the play-by-play records of the game, and Vick attempted to throw to Dez 4 times, all were incomplete. Dez also was called for a hold on a decent 1st down run by Dunn. The call was questionable if memory serves, but it was a mistake at any rate. Dez hasn't shown he can make catches when we need them. It's time to bring Finn or Roddy in to take over his position. I don't put this on Mora so much as I would fault the WRs coach or Knapp for not realizing this obvious issue. I think they will see for themselves if they have time during the Bye week to reevaluate the team a bit. Hopefully, they will see it this week and end our misery!

FalconAwesome
Starter
Starter

Postby FalconAwesome » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:29 pm

Mora-listen to the board. Dez is a step slow and a liability when we need a spark-remember that deep ball he just missed. He didn't go all out and that was a catchable ball. Start clutchy butterfingers

Return to “The Huddle”