All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: hallelujah!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:24 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sport ... lcons.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:54 pm 

This also probably means that Dez will start next week. Hopefully on a short leash. I hope Pathon doesn't leap frog Finneran if we cut White.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:24 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Yeah I'm really sick of the whole this guy plays this receiver & not that one scenario. Usually the WR's can play any wideout position and this game Mora is playing with the WR's is really annoying. I genuinely like the guy but he needs to put the best players on the field. I understand Roddy isn't ready as he is coming from a small college to the NFL and it is a huge leap, but to keep Finneran out for most of the games in favor of guys who we all know can't get it done is borderline psychotic behavior. When you keep trying the same thing over & over while expecting different result with the same constants (the players), that is crazy.

Ideally I would like to see Jenkins moved over to Dez White's position and have Finneran start in Jenkins' current position. Why, you may ask. Well, Vick is a left handed quarterback and thus everything needs to be the opposite for him. I am shocked this never gets talked about even by the coaching staff but when Vick drops he always starts out looking left. The best example I could give is Harrison & Manning. Harrison will only play on the right side because Manning is right handed and that is how they work it every week. I don't pretend to know everything about football and can only comment on what I see in games, but what I see is Vick looking to the receiver on his left 50-80% of the time. Even Vick's huge passes (including the drop & misfire against Buffalo) to Jenkins have all mostly come when Jenkins was lined up on the left side of the field.

Again, just something I have noticed that seems to get no mention from anyone, but I think we would be foolish to keep disregarding this fact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:34 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I'd like to see Jenkins stay on the left side. The future of our passing game is going to be built around Jenkins (if anybody) and Vick, not Finneran and Vick.

I know Finneran is Vick's favorite target, and if Finneran lined up on the left side, then it would probably mean greater success in the passing game...for the short term. Jenkins and ROddy are the future, so the team should look for as many ways as getting those guys to work with Vick.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:13 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Thanks for the post. This is a great article and I hope Finn gets his place but I guess we will just wait and see.

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:25 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Dez whie better not ever set foot on the field again unless he is playing kick coverage...I thought we should have cut him in training camp and now he is showing exactly why...while he occasionally shows flashes of potential (I wish he'd teach that double move to the rest of our wr's) he constantly loses focus and does stuff like give up on routes and drop easy catches...he's done that his entire career...for Christ's sake he got cut bythe Bears, that's got to tell you something...let Pathon play some...let's see what he's got...him Jenks and Finn...let Roddy earn his way in...