It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:29 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I think he has a roster bonus due or something that the Dolphins won't pay, and will cut him. Either way, he's not going to be a Dolphin 2006.

I'll try to update the FA page by the time the Pro Bowl rolls around.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Cap situation impossible?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:49 pm 
Role Player
Role Player

I don't see how the falcons can afford to sign anyone, even with restructured contracts. If I read this right Dunn makes $5.6 mil next year with a $2 mil cap hit if he is cut, so a $3.6 cap savings. Brady saves $2.5 mil if he is cut, TJ is a $1 mil savings, that adds up to $7 mil and we are $9 mil over. Nobody else looks ripe for restructuring this year, maybe next. I would love to welcome Tank Williams, LeCharles Bentley, Mike Flanagan, or Jon Runyan, but it is not going to happen, if it does then McKay is a genius.

[size=9]5. Tank Williams, S, Tennessee Titans [78 tackles, 1 INT]

Williams moves to the top of a solid if unspectacular group of remaining free agents. An excellent athlete, Williams has become a solid contributer over the years despite the deterioration of the Titans on the field. Not much of a ball hawk, Williams is an excellent tackler and reads plays well, always there to meet a ball carrier once he reaches his particular zone. The antithesis of Archuleta, Williams is more cereberal and caluclating, lining up big hits rather than seeking them out. He would be a calming presence in a young secondary, and less expensive than the flashier Archuleta, while offering the bonus of being three years younger.

GOOD FITS: Oakland, NY Jets, New Orleans [/size]

for the draft would love to see Jimmy Willams or Ko at 15. Is it possible that DeAngelo will continue fall and last until 47, dream on? Someone on some board suggested Joseph, cb, south carolina in round 3 and that makes sense. I like OL - Leffew, Lipps, and Phillip on Day 2, and also a darkhorse DE, Chris Gocong from Cal Poly, same school as Jordan Beck. I was hoping Norwood the RB out of Miss St. would be there in round 3, but he is blowing people away in Mobile and he is looking like a second rounder now. I like Bullocks and maybe Pollard in round 3 but not Blue so much.
[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:29 pm 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Bob, check out my blog and you'll see how it's very possible for the Falcons to be as big a player in free agency as they need to be...

http://falcfans.com/blog/2006/01/looking-ahead-to-2006.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:58 pm 

The FA list is updated. Has over 400 avaialbel free agents.

Profile E-mail