It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: no TO = ATL super bowl
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:07 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

no need to consider anyone in the North or West, including Seattle.
Washington, NYG, and Dallas all are obviously flawed even worse than us. we will own any of them in the Dome.
that leaves our division. Tampa has no offense and we OWN Carolina until proven otherwise.

i am now starting an official TO Fan Club in Augusta!

this is now the official ATL to the Superbowl thread!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:16 am 
Veteran
Veteran

I would like to share your enthusiasm, but i see too many problems with the Falcons over the long haul. We are dropping players left and right in key positions and are forced to play rookies. Our offensive scheming is suspect and our QB is looking more and more fearful each game. Vicks injuries, in my opinion are beginning to play with his mind and causing him timing problems.

The defensive secondary has been almost completely repopulated and the front line is falling with Brady Smith going out as well.

THat being said, I don't see anyone in this division beating us. They have more problems than we do. The talking heads recently said that this division belongs to Atlanta and Carolina will have to get past us to go to the playoffs. They completely dismantled Tampa because of their injury problems being much worse than ours.

I do believe we will be in the playoffs, but how far into it will we go before these problems rear their ugly head and bring us down.

Don't get me wrong, i want a friggin super bowl. Last year was the first ever home playoff game of ANY sport I have attended. I want more. Much more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:41 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

The Atlanta Braves all over again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:17 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

this is the year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:59 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

mickvick302 wrote:
The Atlanta Braves all over again?

After 40 years of futility I could certainly live with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:10 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Well, I'd say that there is a bit of a power vacuum in the NFC with the Eagles being down. But I still think the Eagles can get things done. They missed Donovan McNabb for 6 or so games way back in 2002, and they were fine, losing only 1 of them. T.O. is not that big a factor for their success as McNabb was and is. If they run the ball, they'll be better. I consider Andy Reid too good of a coach to not get that team into the playoffs, whether they go as a division winner or wildcard.

I don't want to jump the gun yet, but I do think there is no team in this conference that the Falcons can't beat. But I'm not ready to put us as the Super Bowl favorite until we can get some consistency going on offense.

Vick played great today, but it was arguably his best game ever. Don't expect this type of performance to be the norm, at least not for the near future. He'll dip back to Earth a bit, but if his play doesn't dip too far down, we're in good shape.

We also need our defense to step up. They weren't bad today by any means, but it would be nice if this type of performance is considered one of the "bad" ones down the stretch in hindsight.

I think a huge question to the Falcons potential success this year is how well Vick comes out and plays next week. If he has another good game (and that doesn't mean he has to throw for over 200 yards again), then my feelings on our postseason success will multiply tenfold.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:17 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

what's with the pessimism?

ATL to the Superbowl! Book it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:54 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

this is kind of like that other thread about the falcs realistically winning the superbowl. well like i said on that one, i'll say on this one, they can do it. i think their chances are just as good if not better than phillies or carolina's of getting there. once they get there i think they can pull it off. they can compete with any team really. as long as the playmakers stay healthy, they have a strong shot at it. especially if vick miraculously passes like he did today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:35 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

REDSKINS - 17

EAGLES - 10

Wow, Reggie Brown made some huge plays in the game & put up a TO-like performance, but there was nobody else making plays.