It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:04 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best in the NFC?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:57 pm 

If Seattle and the Giants lose today that would make the Falcons the #1 team in the NFC standings wise.

Neither look real good right now (G-Men up 3 and Seaducks up ) but I don't see either team losing.

Who would have thunk that the G-Men and Seaducks would be sitting a top the NFC?

Post subject: No I think Carolina is the best in the NFC
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:52 pm 

Although we may be ahead of carolina right now as far as best in the NFC Carolina scares me more than any other team.They crushed Tampa Bay who the falcon's normally have a tough time with in Tampa today.If I had to look at different facets of the game it may go like this:

1.Off running game - Atlanta however the Carolina defense could shut the running game down.I wish I could say that as much as the Falcon's shutting down Davis.I think Davis could run all over the Falcon defense.
2.Passing game - Carolina - no question Delhomme has been through the wars and is proven
3.Def stop run - carolina
4.Def stop pass - Carolina

Intangible is vick but besides jenkins being out for carolina they have everyone healthy unlike last year.The Falcon's may win 1 game but I think the chances of being blown out are in favor of carolina not the falcon's when the falcon's play carolina twice.

The Falcon's while they are 6-2 have not put away weak teams and once they play the tougher schedule will see how the 6-2 record stands up.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: After reviewing the carolina wins
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:27 pm 

The Falcon's record with Vick against Carolina is excellent however Caorlina i am sure is tired of losing to vick and the falcon's plus most of there players are healthy.No other team has the combination of passing and running that the Falcon's have faced this year against Caorlina.We have seen the falcon defense get shredded vs top notch runners and the pass defense shredded.The Falcon's will have to bring there A game and for that matter carolina will also to win.Both teams could put up big points so I think Caorlina has blown away there last 2 opponents although weak and the falcons keep getting by.

Should be an exciting time watching these 2 play each other and I hope Vick is healthy we are going to need every man playing up to his abilities.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:49 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

the falcons aren't the type of team to put teams away. the same was true last year as well. it's bad because inferior teams stay in the games but it's good because the falcs can compete with superior teams and always have a chance of winning. the good thing is the falcs usually win, as seen as seen in our percentage.
no matter how bad the panthers pummel the bucs i think the falcs still have a better chance against the carolina. it's about match ups and having the mental edge . thus carolina beats the bucs, the bucs, beat the falcs, and the falcs beat carolina. we'll see if this pattern changes, which is definitely possible. i really want to see the falcs sweep the bucs, but so far history has been pretty consistent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:37 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Right now this is the NFC:

1) Falcons
2) Seahawks
3) Panthers
4) Giants

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:50 pm 

Never thought I'd see the day we were #1 in the NFC. Outside of 1998 of course. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:09 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I think the Seahawks have the most balance of al those teams. The Giants offense scared me, but thier defense is still suspect. They are a top team in the NFC don't get me wrong, but at the same time I can't say they are whole lot better than the rest. Caronlina is a good team as well, but if you can stop Steve Smith, I don't think Stephen Davis can beat you...stopping Steve Smith is a lot easier said than done though...That leaves us. If Vick can play the rest of the season like he did yesterday, our offense will be in good shape. If we can get our defense to start tackling better we'd be doing well there too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:15 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Right Steve-O. The Giants D was ranked last in the league until the last couple of game. The Panthers can't run the ball from outside the opposing team's red zone. Steve Smith & their D are the biggest issues a team has to worry about when playing the Panthers. The Seahawks are a dangerous team and we should see them in the NFCCG unless something major happens, and I don't really think the second time around would be anything like the second game of the season went. The Falcons are starting to slow down the run & making some plays in the passing game. With the #1 rushing attack in the league, it will be tough for anyone to take us down....even in the Super Bowl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:36 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

We will find out more about our team after the Carolina and Chicago games....Carolina is the toughest team we play the rest of the year IMO, and Chicago will be a tough road game against a good defense...we win those two games and my hopes will be higher than Ricky Williams....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:52 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I agree. I think the Falcosn beat the Seahawks if we play them a 2nd time again, no matter the location. We came out very flat vs. Seattle, and think in the 2nd half of that game showed our true colors as the significantly superior team.

I also agree that Carolina is the toughest team we have yet to face, even though I believe that we might end up beating them twice, but still dropping 2 or 3 losses elsewhere down the stretch. I think we'll probably lose one to Tampa Bay, and probably lose to the Lions on Thanksgiving coming off 4 days rest in Detroit. Especially following what is probably going to be a very tough game vs. the Bucs the week before.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:17 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

The Chicago game scares me as well...not really because I think Chicago is all that amuch better than us, but it will be a game in Chicago in December and they have a tough defense....honestly that game and the game in Tampa are, I think, the two hardest games we have ahead of us.