It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scoring stats
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:10 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

can you guys believe we are top ten in both points scored and allowed...

we are 9th in points scored with 24

and we are tied for tenth in points allowed with 17.9

hmmmm...

interestingly enough we are also 4th in third down conversion with 44.5% and second in third down conversions allowed by our defense with 27.6

on top of that I can think of 3 third downs of the top of my head that we took a knee on which would bump us up to 47% which would be good for second overall behind Indy (who is converting a gaudy 55% of their third downs!!!)

I know we rank towards the middle of the pack in most other offensive and defensive catagories, but I think the above stats are more telling as far as how a team is executing on offense and defense...we are maintaining drives and getting our opponents off the field...key ingredient to a championship team...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:45 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Yes, these are the areas that form a sound foundation to both sides of the ball. But I don't think we've been making the most of those opportunities that these situations are providing.

We are a bend but don't break defense again. More times than not, when we need a stop on 3rd down, we get it.

Thanks Steve for the facts. I guess I should be a lilttle less negative knowing these things. I've always felt we have the potential to be much better statistically in those "other" areas, but it now shows that we are at least halfway there, since we are strong in the foundation areas.

Profile E-mail