Post subject: Vick shows T.O. some love
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:48 pm 

Interesting:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5071150

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:27 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

"I run the ball a little bit more than other quarterbacks so, that might take away from some of his catches," Vick said, referring to Owens. "You have to be a team player when you come here."

Well, I guess we don't have to worry about it then, cause that ain't gonna be happening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:34 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Vick needs to shut his mouth right now. Blank and McKay and Mora need to tell him it aint gonna happen so just get it out of your mind.

Shut your mouth Vick, just shut it.

Just say "n", "o", to T.O.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:10 pm 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I have no problem with Vick saying, "this is my team". Thats fine and doesnt have anything to do with the game itself. I have a problem with, "I think I could play with anybody," Vick said. "It's all if they could play with me. He would have to understand my style of play and what I do. And if he can do that, he can be here." Vick you're not the coach buddy, and thank god.

Vick talking out of one side of his mouth;

"We understand that it takes 11 guys to win a football game," Vick said. "We do not have any selfish guys on the football team. That is fine with me."

Vick talking out of the other side:

"I run the ball a little bit more than other quarterbacks so, that might take away from some of his catches," Vick said, referring to Owens. "You have to be a team player when you come here."

Vick appears to be saying that everyone has to be a team player but him. Owens may come here and not get his catches but Vick is gonna get his runs. Vick, if Owens is on your team, you throw him the football. if Owens is open and you have a running lane, you throw the ball to Owens.

I'm not saying I want TO to become a Falcon, because I dont.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:28 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

BirdWeisErrr wrote:
I have no problem with Vick saying, "this is my team". Thats fine and doesnt have anything to do with the game itself. I have a problem with, "I think I could play with anybody," Vick said. "It's all if they could play with me. He would have to understand my style of play and what I do. And if he can do that, he can be here." Vick you're not the coach buddy, and thank god.

I don't think there is much of a problem in him saying that...It's the truth

He is just saying that he should only be in ATL if, and only if he could realize that vick doesn't pass all the time like Mcnabb...he isn't saying that he has the power to hire someone you dolt, he is saying that if TO can do all of the above, then he might have a chance to be here(Meaning, the coach would see that, and he might have a chance to come here)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:34 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

and if you continued to read, then he also said
""We understand that it takes 11 guys to win a football game," Vick said. "We do not have any selfish guys on the football team. That is fine with me.""

Class act...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:12 pm 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

mickvick302 wrote:
""We understand that it takes 11 guys to win a football game," Vick said. "We do not have any selfish guys on the football team. That is fine with me.""

Class act...

And if you had continued to read, you would have seen that I even used that same quote in my post. :P

And not to mention, it takes more than 11 guys to win a football game. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:24 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

BirdWeisErrr wrote:
mickvick302 wrote:

Class act...

And if you had continued to read, you would have seen that I even used that same quote in my post. :P

I guess that's what I get for skimming through it at work...My bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:20 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

BirdWeisErrr wrote:
mickvick302 wrote:

Class act...

Yeah I'm sure you have never made a mistake...and I'm sure you would always be perfect for every interview you ever had, were you a professional athlete..... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:45 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Vick shows a basic understanding of how the NFL works with statements like these. Vick knows that based on his contract, he's going to be in Atlanta for the near future, probably at least the next 4 or 5 years.

So any offensive player that comes to Atlanta in that span, should understand that there is an extremely high chance that Michael Vick is going to throw you footballs.

If T.O. had that same understanding of how NFL teams think and act in regards to personnel and contracts 6 months ago when he hired Rosenhaus, we wouldn't be talking about any of this right now. He'd still be an asshole, but he'd be an asshole that was winning football games in Philly, and probably 90% of the press coverage on him over the past 6 months would have never existed.

Profile E-mail