It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: D. Hall takes shot at Mora/Donatell?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:52 am 
Superstar
Superstar

D. Hall wrote:
"I just think they had a better game plan," Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall said. "I think Coach Sherman came out here and did his homework and executed to perfection."

Maybe it's out of context or maybe it's just me reading it wrong, but....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:05 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

our coaching sucked again. why'd they go away from Duckett? he was wiping the floor with Green Bay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:21 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

on 3rd down as a defense all green bay did was double team crump, have a man spy vick and have a guy on dunn. there's the 'magic' formula for stopping atl.
donatell is king of the soft zone, and passivity. the only way the falcs defense has any potency is if 1) there is a palpable pass rush. 2) decent run stoppage. farve was rarely pressured and when he was the slant was always there and we saw what mr. domo ori gato fifth stringer did to the falcons. bring back ed jasper and chris draft i say.
oh greg knapp, how many times are you going to run dunn up the gut and have a loss before you stop? and how many times must ducket get a good gain before you give him more touches? and why not go down field more when you just got a 43 yard gain on a long pass? oh knapp you bastard.

Post subject: Re: D. Hall takes shot at Mora/Donatell?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:28 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

AngryJohnny51 wrote:
D. Hall wrote:
"I just think they had a better game plan," Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall said. "I think Coach Sherman came out here and did his homework and executed to perfection."

Maybe it's out of context or maybe it's just me reading it wrong, but....

naw i don't really read it as a shot, though the coaches certainly deserved one. it reads more like, they played a great game and they executed blah blah.
but it was obvious the atl coaches had an off game there. i guess it happens, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:02 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

off game would be an understatement....well I guess that's not entirely fair...our offense didn't play THAT bad, but our defense was embarrassing....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:17 pm 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I'm not pleased with anything our coaches did. Too many poor decisions to list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:43 am 

Wow... This from a bunch of people signing praises of Mora and this week it almost sounds like people want the whole lot fired.

Sometimes you just get beat. There is nothing you can do about it; the other team found your trump card. This was one of those weeks coupled with the Falcons playing flat and probably looking past Green Bay to Tampa.

Get over it folks there is nothing new in this game then what we have already been nit picking all week. We already know there are issues in regards to fundamental's on the defensive side and our offense becoming predictable.

I just hope that the Falcons can pull it together and get it done against Tampa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:21 am 
Role Player
Role Player

I agree with issues being defensive fundamentals and the offense becoming predictable. But doesn't a lot of that blame fall on the coaches.

I like the coaching staff. But I'll be more impressed if they can pick the Falcons up off the mat, and make the necessary adjustments.

There's nothing the coaching staff can do about penalties or fumbles. But the rest of the puzzle is in their control (stretching the field, covering the slant route, finding success in the run).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:50 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

buddyboy wrote:

oh greg knapp, how many times are you going to run dunn up the gut and have a loss before you stop?

My feelings exactly! I posted in another thread a couple of days ago I was impressed with what Mora has brought to Atlanta, but that does NOT extend to Knapp. I think he's holding this team back way too often and in my opinion is personally responsible for more than one of their losses.

btw, I posted a vent on the UGA page of the online Journal the other day to wit: "Sometimes I have to wonder if the Dawgs and Falcons offensive play callers are having a contest to see who can call the dumbest plays..." and I really feel that way sometimes.

It can be SO frustrating watching these guys sometimes.

Dennis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:34 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Yeah it was a nice when the Dawgs called a Dunn up the middle (basically) against Aubrurn on a 3rd & 10 late in the game while Shockley, Pope, & Masaquoi were marching up & down the field all day. There is definitely some issues with these teams' coaches making the right calls at the right times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:53 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

The_Incomparable wrote:
Yeah it was a nice when the Dawgs called a Dunn up the middle (basically) against Aubrurn on a 3rd & 10 late in the game while Shockley, Pope, & Masaquoi were marching up & down the field all day. There is definitely some issues with these teams' coaches making the right calls at the right times.

Exactly! And then Richt has the cajones to say he doesn't care if he's boo'ed. He better care because the people doing the booing are the ones who can turn on his butt and cause him to be unemployed. Sounded just like the ex-Philly hockey player who said the fans could kiss his ass and within a couple of weeks WAS an *EX*.