It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: no talk about Tampa?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:49 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

seems like the posters on this board got the wind knocked out of them by Green Bay.

Tampa showed this weekend that they aren't rolling over for anybody. their defense always KILLS Vick.

this game is the biggest game of the year for us tot his point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:16 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

it's hard to care when it seems the team didn't care. plus, i gotta very very bad feeling about this upcoming game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:14 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

well we've still got the same boneheadcoaches who hopefully won't make the same bonehead decisions this weekend.

we need to rattle Simms early in this one. blitz blitz blitz!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:26 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

eh...I'm still sort of reeling from the loss myself...you are right when you say this is the biggest game of the year, but I have a feeling with the way Carolina is playing most of our games the rest of the year are going to be big ones...man I love tight division races, but it's enough to get a man nervous!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:28 pm 

Cadillac Williams will probably look like a Cadillac and not a Jetta this coming week.

Anywho, the weekly sticky is up.

Just a thought... Maybe we should do change of pace QB?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:47 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

dirtybirdnw wrote:
Just a thought... Maybe we should do change of pace QB?

if ur talking about mixing it up with some schaub, i brought that up once but was never responded to. i figured it was just too blasphemous to mention. i would like to see it personally, just to mess with the opponents minds. but i doubt it will ever happen. vick's ego i think could not handle it. for him it would be a form of humiliation.plus mora would never go for it anyway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:29 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Vick wasn't the problem last week....I don't think rotating QB's is good for any team...I think you need one qb and if you switch it should be for the long haul...I personally am going to be pissed if I ever see Vick on the bench when he's not hurt...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:51 pm 

Vick wasn't the problem at Quarterback last week. But one of many definitions one can use to describe insanity is trying the same thing over again while obtaining the same results every time.

If Vick is getting his ass kicked by Tampa again put in Schuab for a few plays just to mess with Tampa's head. Right now I wouldn't pull Vick simply because he has been performing well:

vs. Miami: 22/31 (70% Comp.) for 228 Yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 10.36 YPA
vs. Green Bay: 20/30 (66% Comp.) for 209 Yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT's, 10.4 YPA

Infact one could say he outplayed Farve who was also at 66% comp but averaged 9.69 YPA with 1 TD and 1 INT. But Vick is doing exactly what everyone has wanted him to do the past two games. He should be 2-0 for it but the defense fell flat on their face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:09 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

vick wasn't a problem? he fumbled three times! not to say he should be pulled for that but perhaps sticking schaub in for one play would get him his bearings back. he seemed befuddled.
i was really surpised by his passing stats because he didn't look good out there at all. the offense couldn't maintain sustained drives down the field like they did in miami game. and vick seemed timid in his decision making. this may sound crazy but he was relying too much on his arm. there were a few times when i wished he'd just ran, got 5 yards and slid instead of looking longer than he had time for. i won't even get into the playcalling...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:16 pm 

The only real problem that Vick has is deciding when to run and when to pass. He still seems to be a bit lost in that department.

As far as fumbles go they happen when you are as wreckless with the ball as he is. Although at least one of those fumbles was completely on McClure and a bad snap. I also know at least one of those fumbles was just wreckless ball handling. Unless we smear tree sap on Vick's gloves I don't think he'll ever go any stretch without fumbles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:26 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

must he hold the ball way away from his body while in traffic? it's true, i don't think this tiger can change his stripes and i accept that. but some games he seems more wild with the ball than in others. and i wonder if mora recognizes this and says or does anything about it.
i gotta throw in this general observation about knapp and the wco, vick is a straight streetball type of guy,and usually thrives in that context. wco does not play to that strength. vick thrives in chaos and unpredictability not in controlled discipline play.