It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Official Week 12-Lions Game Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:59 pm 

It's a short week so lets get it on!

This weeks' Lions Rival Site is Lionbacker and here's the link to their forum.

This could be a challange for the Falcons playing on a short week coming off an emotional loss to the Bucs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:07 pm 

Me thinks we should ban any talk about this being a "game we should win" it seems to jinx us. I'm having nightmares about the Green Bay game being repeated once again.

I think it is safe to say our 1st quarter performance will tell us if we win or lose. If we are down more then 7 after one we can kiss this game good bye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:34 pm 

Does anyone else think that a massive assault of blitz plays are in order? Harrington can be rattled and I really think just sending the house at him will force him to make a stupid pass that we can pi ck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:47 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

were not blitzing nearly as much as we were earlier in the season, and since our front four obviously can't get pressure anymore I agree that we should just send everyone, every play, to start the game.

I won't say this is a game we should win, but I will say I think this is a game we must win...we have to win this game, we can't afford to lose to a sub-par team again...you only get one mulligan week in the year and we've already used ours....unless we win every other division game this year we can't afford a loss here...

thankfully we didn't suffer a lot of injuries yesterday, which was a big fear of mine when I saw the shedule at the beginning of the season...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:41 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Hopefully DeLo can contain Roy Williams 1 on 1, and hopefully we hold Kevin Jones to under 100 yards...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:25 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

i hope donatell realizes this though. i'm wondering if he thinks the front four are getting enough pressure on the qb or he just likes playing soft or conservatively lets say.

if we don't attack on defense we will lose again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:05 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

On paper we win most of the match-ups here...I've read that the Lions expect to get Boss Bailey back...that's not to good for us...he's actually athletic enough to keep up with Vick should he decide to tuck it and run...Kevin Jones hasn't been having that good of a year, but Samkon Gado isn't exactly an all-world rb either...

We just need to get a push at the line...we are letting the opponents set a new line of scrimmage every time they have the ball...all the missed tackles suck, but not even getting a hand on a rb until he's gained 5-6 yards sucks even worse...we are losing games in the trenches, and until we can fix that I don't like our chances against most people...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:30 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Agreed. You saw Gado get 21 yards against the Vikings on MNF too, huh? Our D-line has been getting their asses whipped all year long, and it's making everyone look bad. As the saying goes, it all starts up front. We need some big time help up front and I'm hoping we have a chance to fix this in the off season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:16 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

buddyboy wrote:
i hope donatell realizes this though. i'm wondering if he thinks the front four are getting enough pressure on the qb or he just likes playing soft or conservatively lets say.

if we don't attack on defense we will lose again.

He isn't stupid...When a QB gets 5+ seconds in the pocket, that will make the best CB look s***ty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:55 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Hey all!! hope we have a good game and all of you have a good Turkey day!!! it was a short week for both, so it should be interesting.. I am not giving much hope for the Lions and I am a Lion's fan.. I just wanted to let you all know that all my co-workers down here in Tampa just became Lion fans for this game!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:28 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Yeah, this was a very satisfying performance by the Falcons. Not a great outing, but considering how much rest they had, it would have been understandable from my point of view if they came out flat. Vick's accuracy suffered a bit this game, but I still have the utmost confidence in him, and with several more days of rest for him, I suspect we'll soon see a 6-0 record against the Panthers next week.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:42 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I am pleased with the game yesterday...we finally got pressure on a qb again...we finally started getting a push at the line on both sides of the ball...Vick struggled with accuracy a bit, but there were also a few dropped passes and a few instances of mis-communication (the td that Crump didn't get because he pulled up short in the endzone or Vick overthrew it)...granted this was all against a pretty bad Lions team but it should give us some confidance and swagger back...hopefully it will carry over to the Carolina game...we've got all the time in the world to get ready for that game too...