It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SEC Championship
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:02 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I posted this here because there are several big time players playing in this that we should look at drafting. I would like to draw everyones' attention to Quentin Moses, DE UGA, as I believe he could be a tremendous player of a Jason Taylor caliber if given time to develop in the NFL. Add to that the fact that he could drop as low as the 4th or 5th round and you have a potentially huge steal.

I will also pay special attention to LaRon Landry, DeMorrio Minter, DJ Shockley, Claude Wroten, and a few others to see how they perform in the biggest game of their year. This should be very interesting.

Oh and lately it seems like when UGA loses, so do the Falcons so I am cheering for my Dawgs even harder!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:10 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

What about that big TE...Pope? or something

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:30 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I already know Pope is the man. Anyhow, thus far, DJ Shockley & DeMorrio Minter are beating LSU's ass. Minter has an INT and a pass breakup and Shockley has a 40+ yard TD pass to Sean Bailey.....and it's only half way through the first quarter.

Shockley just threw another TD pass over LaRon Landry in the first quarter....!

Minter broke up another pass & got in the backfield & made a TFL too in the 1st quarter still.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:47 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I know he'll probably go undrafted, but Will Thompson at DE would be nice as an undrafted FA. He went to my old high school, and I would watch him play. He's always given 100% and I think he'll work hard at the next level if given a shot. Of course I am biased some.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:24 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Will has that Hugh Douglass type of body and could be a good late round pickup. Moses has not looked great thus far but has made a couple plays.

Shiockley just ran in another one for UGA's 3rd TD of the game. I tell you what, LSU is the 3rd ranked D in the nation and Shockley is making them look pathetic. And another thing, Laron Landry is the guy who missed the tackle on Shockley to give up the TD...

I am honestly leaning heavily towards Minter with our pick in the bottom of the first. He has been reminiscant of Champ Bailey in this game and looks to be getting better & better. Minter just broke up a long TD pass in the end zone. This guy is for real.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:27 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Well, in review, the LSU top draft guys all looked bad. Landry, Wroten, Williams, etc. all got beat over & over. Max Jean-Gilles went one on one all night with Wroten & absolutely owned him. Landry got burned deep for a TD, missed a tackle on Shockley giving up a TD, and just had a terrible game.

Tim jennings - 1 int for a TS, sack
Will Thomson - 2 sacks
D. Minter - 1 pick, about 4 passes defended
Moses - quite a few tackles & was working a great inside move against LSU's big Tackle, knocked LSU's Qb our of the game
Max Jean-Gilles - the best offensive lineman in the NCAA this year & it showed while he dominated a great defensive front in LSU
D.J. Shockley - has proved it all year long, he can get it done in & out of the pocket...really looked like a young Donovan McNabb.
Tony Taylor - could be a terrific late round pick at MLB, he looks a lot like Ed Hartwell
James Jackson - although he had some bad games this year, he has the potential to be a solid SLB

All in all, every UGA player raised his draft stock tonight. I would not be surprised to see Max, Minter, Shockley, Pope, & Moses all go in the first & early second round if they all declare.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:49 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

i've been impressed with shockley all season. with only one season to show what he's got, he's shown it. and to have sat back those three years like that, it's pretty impressive. i didn't know the guy could throw and if he had reliable recievers who knows how much better he and the team would have been. if the falcs could catch him in the mid rounds i think we could groom him much like we did shaub and then get something good for schaub. but your right he might be going early, considering how consistently well he has played all season, which was his only season.