It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fresno State CB Marshall
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:40 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Anyone have any details on this kid...he is coming into this year's draft, and i have never heard of him
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5227248

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:28 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

CFBNews had this to say about him:
Quote:
Projected: 4th round
Good or bad move? He'll slide because of his size, but he'll move into the first day if his 4.4 speed becomes 4.38 speed in workouts. He's tough and a nice ball-hawk

He is rated as a 2nd/3rd round prospect by NFL Draft Scout.com (7th ranked). He is listed as the #4 CB prospect by NFL Draft Countdown. Other than that I haven't seen a lot of info on him.

He seems like a guy that if he runs well at the Combine (reported sub 4.4 speed), he could move up into Round 1. Sounds like he'd be a good option if he slipped to Round 2, but at this point, he looks like a guy that will only see his stock rise from this point on, so he seems like a longshot.

And I'm definitely weary of any player that goes from a possible 2nd day pick to a 1st round pick just by his off-season performance. Considering we won't get to see him in the Senior Bowl workouts, I would suggest the Falcons shy away from him as a possible Round 1 candidate.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:11 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Pudge wrote:
CFBNews had this to say about him:
Quote:
Projected: 4th round
Good or bad move? He'll slide because of his size, but he'll move into the first day if his 4.4 speed becomes 4.38 speed in workouts. He's tough and a nice ball-hawk

He is rated as a 2nd/3rd round prospect by NFL Draft Scout.com (7th ranked). He is listed as the #4 CB prospect by NFL Draft Countdown. Other than that I haven't seen a lot of info on him.

He seems like a guy that if he runs well at the Combine (reported sub 4.4 speed), he could move up into Round 1. Sounds like he'd be a good option if he slipped to Round 2, but at this point, he looks like a guy that will only see his stock rise from this point on, so he seems like a longshot.

And I'm definitely weary of any player that goes from a possible 2nd day pick to a 1st round pick just by his off-season performance. Considering we won't get to see him in the Senior Bowl workouts, I would suggest the Falcons shy away from him as a possible Round 1 candidate.

I think more than anything our Front Office wants size. A big SS or even CB that isnt afraid to back away from a hit, and will make you pay for going across the middle...but then again, what coaches doesnt want that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:16 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I am very high on Richard Marshall. He has great size at 5,11 190 and he runs very well. He shut down Dwayne Jarrett, held him to 5 catches for 38 yards. Not bad against what is one of the best wideouts in CFB. He is a kind of player that great workouts will skyrocket his stock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:17 pm 
Shiver44 wrote:
I am very high on Richard Marshall. He has great size at 5,11 190 and he runs very well. He shut down Dwayne Jarrett, held him to 5 catches for 38 yards. Not bad against what is one of the best wideouts in CFB. He is a kind of player that great workouts will skyrocket his stock.

If I may disagree...5'11" 190 isn't great size...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:39 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Shiver44 wrote:

Marshall is thought of very highly by people who saw that Fresno State game. He could be a quality 2nd rounder, like Minter or Phillips, but I am not sure about getting him in the first when someone like Kiwi, Ngata, etc may fall to us.