It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Walter Football.Com New Mock Draft 2/10/11
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:15 am 

I know no one cares what Walter thinks about the draft but if it breaks like he predicts (it's early I know) I will be a very happy man.
(Walterfootball.com)
Falcon's 1st round pick - Torey Smith

Falcon's 2nd round pick - Kyle Rudolph

Wlater says that Rudolph slides due to not alot of teams need a tight end and the quality Rudolph gives being on the board for the Falcon's 2nd round is to good to pass up.

I've seen both Rudolph and Smith (youtube :dance: ) and these 2 players more than any other I want the most given how things could break in the draft. Probably no decent def ends at 27 makes Smith even a better choice still on the board. I'm going to be very mad if we pass over him and if Rudolph is available rd 2 for the Falcon's its a no brainer. Both of these players could give the explosiveness we need to compete with the better clubs although even though we are a run oriented team. Maybe with these two,Roddy a healthy Douglas and Gonzo it would give Mularkey so many various offensive choices IF he decides to utilize it.

Oh well the draft is far away no sense getting to excited but sure is fun thinking about.I might have to change my avatar from the prison outfit to regular street clothes. :dance:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Walter Football.Com New Mock Draft 2/10/11
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:36 am 
Superstar
Superstar

That would probably be a good draft for us. Smith should work out very well as a #2 or #3 in our scheme.

Rudolph's injury history worries me... I'm also a bit concerned with his, "intangibles." If TE's really start dropping like that, we might be better off waiting till the 3rd to pick up DJ Williams. Williams is probably a better replacement for Tony G anyway. He's shorter than Tony G, but he's a high effort guy that runs good routes.

In the 2nd round, I'd like to see us make a move for Greg Jones. Jones, Lofton, and Weatherspoon would be a really nice LB corps to have. Another option could be Kendall Hunter, though he could turn out to be Norwood 2.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:02 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Rudolph IMO is by far the best fit as far as TEs go in this draft for our offense. He would be an excellent value pick in the 2nd round because if not for his injury, he would be a 1st round pick almost without a doubt.

Boo Greg Jones. I still haven't seen their bowl game, but he was one of the few prospects I was very disappointed with his play during the regular season.

Torrey Smith is a good value in the 1st round.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:28 pm 

Watching Rudolph play I feel he can be a real game changer and simply you don't pass up on him if he is healthy.He won't be Kellen Winslow but he reminds me of the old Raider Dave Casper who was a bull to bring down and was an excellent relase valve for Stabler. Also it's reported Rudolph can run a 4.60 which is very good speed for a tight end and he appears to have the makings of a very good blocker. I like the fact he is 6 ft 7 a huge target for Ryan.

Profile E-mail