It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pudge mock draft first 3 rounds at Huddle Report
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:24 am 

Pudge I see you have the falcon's taking Justin Tuck,Reg Brown and Ellison at def tackle for the first 3 picks in the draft.It makes sense,so you overlook the def backfield to draft a receiver?I think Brown will be a nice player but I see you had Brown taken over Josh Bullocks if I remember correctly.I think Tuck is going to be quite a sack artist but will need to work hard and improve.I can live with this draft.How good is the def tackle you have the falcon's taking in the 3rd round?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:22 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

When I was making the selections, to me none of the right safeties were ever there. I think the Falcons want a more physical option than Josh Bullocks, who IMO seems like a pure coverage safety.

I did actually work out a 7-round mock, and had the Falcons taking Brimmer in Round 4. Here's the other results of my 7 rounder (note our extra 5th rounder was ommitted due to the program I was using):

1/27. Justin Tuck, DE, Notre Dame
2/59. Reggie Brown, WR, Georgia
3/90. Atiyyah Ellison, DT, Missouri
4/122. Jamaal Brimmer, S, UNLV
5/154. Chris Myers, G/C, Miami
6/186. Eric Coleman, DT, Clemson
7/218. Trai Essex, T, Northwestern

I really think the Falcons want to walk away from the first day of the draft with a solid wideout. It's one of those positions (like so many others) that it's difficult to get good value later in the draft. If you're drafting for depth, its okay to take a 4th or 5th round guy, but I think the Falcons really want to get a guy they can say is a future starter, which meand Round 2 or 3. Also I think for the safety position, there is still going to a few quality names there in Round 4.

As for what I hear about Ellison, is that he's a bit raw, but a talented prospect that should be able to fit well in a one-gap system. Coleman I think is this team's insurance in case Ellison doesn't develop as quickly as possible, and also boosts depth a lot.

Profile E-mail