It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Denard Robinson: I could take Usain Bolt
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:01 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Den ... -Bolt.html

Denard: 'I could take' Bolt

The Michigan quarterback believes he can beat the Olympic champion in a race. Dave Miller
Print This August 12, 2012, 06:10 PM EST

Denard Robinson believes he is golden. As in ready to take down an Olympic gold medalist.

The Michigan quarterback believes that he can beat track and field sprinter Usain Bolt in a race.

Denard RobinsonUS PRESSWIREMichigan's Denard Robinson believes that he can beat sprinter Usain Bolt in a race.

"I've watched him run, and I'm pretty sure I can beat him in a 40-yard dash," Robinson said at Michigan's media day Sunday. "I'd get a better start, and I could take him.

"At 60 yards, I'd be in trouble, and at 100 meters, he'd be gone, but I could get him in a 40."

While it's certainly a stretch to believe that "Shoelace" could seriously challenge Bolt in a race, at least the idea didn't come from the dual-threat Wolverines signal-caller. It came from Devin Gardner, Robinson's backup and the team's newest receiver.

"Denard could [beat Bolt] in a heartbeat — he's the fastest man in the world," Gardner said. "I know what Usain Bolt did in the Olympics, and Denard probably couldn't beat him at 100 meters, but when it comes to football speed at 40 yards, I'd take Denard. He's that fast."

Bolt's gold-medal time in the 100-meter race last week was 9.63. Do you think the Wolverines' Heisman Trophy contender has a shot at dethroning the best in the world?

Email dave.miller@nationalfootballpost.com or follow me on Twitter at Miller_Dave

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Denard Robinson: I could take Usain Bolt
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:42 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

:liar: Thats just dumb.

ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL
1/3 @Virginia Tech W 23-20 (OT) 9 21 117 42.9 45 2 1 111.6 13 13 1.0 16 0

Thats 13 rushes for 13 yards against VT in the bowl game, a whopping 1.0 ypc average. 117 pass yards is awful too.