It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OL Prospect: Chris Myers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:17 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

The Huddle Report wrote:
Chris has good size and strength for his position. He uses good techniques when pass blocking and run blocking. He shows leadership qualities and makes the players around him better ... I think Chris will be able to play either guard position or RT in the NFL. If he can improve his discipline and move his feet faster, he could become a pretty good LT also.

Myers supposedly impressed a lot of people at the Senior Bowl. He seems like a player that by some accounts could play all 5 positions along the OL. I think that versatility is going to attract him to Atlanta. I'm not sure how much will change with Clancy Barone now taking over as OL coach, but I think Myers would have been a person Gibbs would really like to have.

He really likes the smart players that have athleticism and versatility, something Myers has. Gibbs still will probably have influence on whom we draft, since he still carried a lot of weight in Denver after he took a step back.

Myers could be the type of player that comes in here to backup McClure at OC, and also compete for a job at LG. But it seems that he may even have a shot at LT.

Profile E-mail